Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Excel info into Vault

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jamesbarlowpe
275 Views, 1 Reply

Importing Excel info into Vault

Been working with our reseller on this and they seem a little lost so I thought I would look for other options. I can't imagine our situation is unique but I have not had much luck finding a solution. We have about 20,000 legacy drawings that are scanned as either PDF's or TIFF's. They are stored on our old server and we want to put them into the vault so people do not have to use two systems to find things. Putting them in is the easy part. Along with those files is an excel spreadsheet. Column A of the spreadsheet is the drawing number and Column B is the drawing description. What I am looking for is a way, or to at least know it's possible, to use the excel spreadsheet to attach the description to each drawing in the vault. I understand there is no easy way to do this and we will need to pay someone to write a program or macro to handle it but is it at least possible. Right now our reseller has given no indication that it can even be done so I wanted to ask here.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
olearya
in reply to: jamesbarlowpe

HI James,

There may be a very simple solution here depending on which version of Vault you are using - If you have Vault Workgroup and above you could among other things look at an existing solution like CoolOrange's dataloader: http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/VLTC/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3adataloader%3...

Your solution may be a little harder in Vault Basic.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report