Vault General

Distinguished Contributor
rgruychev
Message 1 of 3 (83 Views)

I want to create new vault on network file store location

83 Views, 2 Replies
08-30-2013 03:11 AM

I want to create new vault on  network file store location , but i have problem. User does not have permisson. How to decide.

Vault 2012 server basic

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 2 of 3 (69 Views)

Re: I want to create new vault on network file store location

08-30-2013 07:36 AM in reply to: rgruychev

that looks like  you don't have the network permissions to write to that directory

Employee
minkd
Message 3 of 3 (61 Views)

Re: I want to create new vault on network file store location

08-30-2013 08:31 AM in reply to: DarrenP

The "impersonization" user (by default "AutodeskVault") needs access to the network share.  This means you either need to change it to be a domain user and give it full access to the share in question, or you can create a local user on the machine hosting the share with the same name and password as the impersonation user.

The impersonization user is set in the ADMS-Console under "Tools > Administration > Advanced Settings tab > Advanced Configuration Settings.

But beware that you can only put the filestore on a network share.  It is not possible to put the database on a network share - Microsoft SQL will not allow that.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community