Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can get other licenses on new server/new install, but not for Vault clients

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Cwogman
498 Views, 3 Replies

I can get other licenses on new server/new install, but not for Vault clients

Temporary server is our new Dell R620 with Win2008 R2 on it.    Everything appears fine, get obtain AutoCAD 2013 and Inventor 2013 licenses just fine, however Vault 2013 clients get "failed to obtain a license" message.   Firewall is turned completely off, IPv6 is off.

Note - when I ping the server name from the clients, I can see the server.   But when I ping the server from itself, I get "reply from ::1:"   I found this in the license.lic (I think that was it) and changed it to the correct IP, but that also did not work.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
olearya
in reply to: Cwogman

Hey there,

A couple of quick questions to clarify - is your VAult server on the same machine as the license server?  I am assuming so but not sure.

You mention modifying the lic file to include the IP Address - please note that the lic file works on Physical (Ethernet / MAC) address and server name not IP.  

Finally can you look at upgrading FLEXLM as part of this tech solution:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=10976858&linkID=9240618&siteID=123112

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
Cwogman
in reply to: olearya

Found the issue - it is the Windows Server 2008 R2 IPv6 biting again.   See Microsoft fix at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852 and run the fix to place IPv4 before IPv6 on the server and the clients - actually any machine that will need to use Vault for any reason.

Message 4 of 4
minkd
in reply to: Cwogman

Vault client / server communication can be any mix of IPv4 and IPv6 without issue.  The issue is the communication between the vault server and the license manager.  The license manager will only work with IPv4, unless you download the license manager that only works with IPv6.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report