Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HATE THE JOB PROCESSOR!

75 REPLIES 75
Message 1 of 76
jeff_jordan
9813 Views, 75 Replies

I HATE THE JOB PROCESSOR!

I can't get any more straight forward than that without being vulgar.  But I really can't stand how the job processor works.  And now it's NOT working.  It won't update my vault revision tables anymore and we are getting errors like "A visualization file cannot be generated for a non CAD file" when it's a bleeping .ipt!  And this all happened during a very important demonstration.

Vault Professional is a JOKE.

Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 (Inventor 2015 Pro SP1, Vault 2015 Pro Update 1)
MacbookPro OSx 10.9, Boot Camp
Windows 7, 64-bit
Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz
16GB
SSDs
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB of GDDR5
75 REPLIES 75
Message 61 of 76
Fori123
in reply to: jeff_jordan

Jeff,

We are having the same issues at our company. We currently have over 100,000 items with no DWF file since the job processor fails. We started to utilize the ECO function in vault but it is not having success as there are no DWF files to mark up.

Message 62 of 76
davide_orlando
in reply to: mbodnar

Hi,

I am using the 2017 version of Vault. But when the job processor process dwg file for the UpdateRevisionTable return me error:

The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.

what is the workaround autodesk gave you?

Message 63 of 76
mbodnar
in reply to: davide_orlando

Hi

Did you apply Vault 2017 Hotfix?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/vault-201701-...

Also check to make sure that Inventor starts with no error and JP logs in OK

Max Bodnar

Redstack

Message 64 of 76

Yes, I apply Vault 2017.0.1.

Inventor start with no error, because the "Synchronize Properties" is successful, look at the attachment.

Davide Orlando
Application Engineering
davide.orlando@nke360.com
m. +39 338 5049866 - t. 02.84190472 - f. 035.345434

[cid:image013.png@01D02451.A5E25990] [cid:image014.png@01D02451.A5E25990] [cid:image015.png@01D02451.A5E25990] [cid:image016.png@01D02451.A5E25990]

[cid:image017.png@01D02451.A5E25990]

NEGRONI KEY ENGINEERING S.r.l.
Via Isonzo, 1 - 20812 Limbiate (MB)

Italy: Milano - Bergamo - Mantova - Cuneo - Piacenza - Napoli - Bari - Torino - Verona - Trento - Savona
Spain: Madrid - Sevilla - Vigo - Bizkaia

Questo messaggio e i suoi allegati sono indirizzati esclusivamente ai destinatari. La diffusione, copia o qualsiasi altra azione derivante dalla conoscenza di queste informazioni sono rigorosamente vietate. Qualora abbiate ricevuto questo messaggio per errore siete invitati a comunicarlo al mittente e a provvedere alla sua distruzione.
This e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may contain privileged information intended for the address(es) only. Dissemination, copying, printing or use by anybody else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and any attachments and advise the sender by return e-mail.
Message 65 of 76

I have to agree! - We have been using Vault for 7 years and the Job Processor is a joke period.

Message 66 of 76
bbuck
in reply to: chris.rodriguez

Adding to the list of frustration. Thought I had somehow magically dodged  having issues with Job Processor. In our case, it appears to be removing item balloons and removing views from the drawings. Have a ticket in to resolve the issue, but this concerning that we can't trust the job processor not to mess something up.

2017-05-01_0907.png2017-05-01_0913.png

Message 67 of 76
bbuck
in reply to: bbuck

This came in from a user; had a good chuckle. Thought I'd share.

"Caught a rare glimpse of the mysterious Job Processor on his way to create some havoc and mayhem."

JobProcessor-01.png

Message 68 of 76
bbuck
in reply to: jeff_jordan

Just learned about this one today. I was operating under the assumptions laid out in the Help documentation regarding licensing for Job Processor:
2017-05-30_1459.png

Well, after noticing that a license was always being used by the machine that it's installed on, I dug further and found this, which has also been confirmed by Autodesk tech support:
2017-05-30_1503.png

I'm not sure why the decision was made to change this behavior, but it was disappointing to learn this after having told multiple people that it only consumes a license while processing a job (since that is what I read in the documentation). We currently run two job processors but will need to re-evaluate given this new information.

Message 69 of 76
VinceBalge

I run the Job Processor in the background of my PC. While I'm using Vault and Inventor. the Job Processor used to consume a second license when it started up and release it when it went idle. In previous releases if I opened 2 sessions of Vault it consumed 2 licenses. Now if I have 2 sessions of Vault running and the Job Processor it only takes out one license. That works as expected. Kudos to Autodesk for that.

VinceB

Message 70 of 76
bbuck
in reply to: VinceBalge

@VinceBalge wrote:

I run the Job Processor in the background of my PC. While I'm using Vault and Inventor. the Job Processor used to consume a second license when it started up and release it when it went idle. In previous releases if I opened 2 sessions of Vault it consumed 2 licenses. Now if I have 2 sessions of Vault running and the Job Processor it only takes out one license. That works as expected. Kudos to Autodesk for that.

VinceB

Didn't realize that. I've tested and can confirm this is the case (running job processor and vault client at the same time only consumes 1 license). What that indicates to me is that I should probably use the machine running JP when I need to do administrative tasks rather than my normal workstation, however I'm wondering if that might have a negative impact on the JP completing jobs w/out any errors.

Message 71 of 76
VinceBalge

I find that most of the errors I see with Inventor visualization files processed by JP are do to unresolved errors in IPT & IAM files not being saved properly.

If a DWG fails in Job Processor any error messages get suppressed, if you manually generate with Update Locally you will see the error. A lot of the errors I see are do to Property Compliance.

The Job Processor today is far superior to the JP when this Thread was first started.

VinceB

Message 72 of 76
davide_orlando
in reply to: VinceBalge

Hi,

i'm trying to use vault "2019" translation addin for convert idw to autocad dwg, but this don't work with the same error of 2018 release. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007005)

This is a serious problem for my customer, becose we are migrating the cad and pdm system on 2019 release and jobprocessor is an essential part. This is a big autodesk customer.

Can you help me please?

Message 73 of 76

Could you please share a video showing the issue and also if possible please share a sample DWG file for us to try? You can send the files to me at senthilDOTkumarATautodeskDOTcom

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 74 of 76

Hi Senthil,

thank you for the reply.

i managed to find a workaround, and i think that this can help everyone.

If a install autodesk inventor 2019 and after unistall this the translation addin work fine!

Then, i think the translation addin for convertion to dwg and dxf need to have a configuration file that is found in the inventor 2019 installation folders.

Message 75 of 76

Glad to hear and thanks for the information.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 76 of 76

i forgot a detail.

After invetor installation and before his unistallation you must open inventor and export one idw to autocad dwg or dxf

This is essential skill fore resolve the issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report