Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HATE THE JOB PROCESSOR!

75 REPLIES 75
Message 1 of 76
jeff_jordan
9270 Views, 75 Replies

I HATE THE JOB PROCESSOR!

I can't get any more straight forward than that without being vulgar.  But I really can't stand how the job processor works.  And now it's NOT working.  It won't update my vault revision tables anymore and we are getting errors like "A visualization file cannot be generated for a non CAD file" when it's a bleeping .ipt!  And this all happened during a very important demonstration.

Vault Professional is a JOKE.

Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 (Inventor 2015 Pro SP1, Vault 2015 Pro Update 1)
MacbookPro OSx 10.9, Boot Camp
Windows 7, 64-bit
Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz
16GB
SSDs
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB of GDDR5
75 REPLIES 75
Message 21 of 76
mbodnar
in reply to: cbenner

Jeff

Same set up here, domain users for log in and JP user account is vault username not domain, with full admin rights

Client is using Vault 2012 Collaboration + SP1 and Inventor 2011 SP2

From what I can observe JP cannot start up the Inventor session, Inventor.exe doesnt come up

Starting Inventor manually works but very slow. I wonder if there is a timeout value or something.

I might try a re-install of Inventor

Max

Message 22 of 76
jeff_jordan
in reply to: mbodnar

Are there any previous versions of Inventor or Inventor view installed on this machine?  2010 and previous?  Try uninstalling all old versions of these and repair your installation of 2011.  Remember to restart between uninstalls and installs.  There may be some sort of registry conflict and you need to clear that out (reset it).

Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 (Inventor 2015 Pro SP1, Vault 2015 Pro Update 1)
Windows 7, 64-bit
Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz
16GB
SSDs
Message 23 of 76

Hello Jeff/Autodesk,

We have the same problems for our JP. We would like to have information from Autodesk.

The only one problem we have is the error "Unknown error during publish" all the time and we are obliged to generate manually the DWF. Not good because as Jeff said, we are Eng. IT for our company and not Eng, troubleshooter or beta tester of Autodesk!

Best regards,

Sylvain

Message 24 of 76

Hello Jeff,

I would like to state that I am in agreement with the statements made. These items need to be made a priority.

thanks,

Message 25 of 76
jeff_jordan
in reply to: Denzuki1

Just a quick update (after troubleshooting with Autodesk):

1) It seems that if the job processor runs for a continuous amount of time without restarting, the likelyhood of these errors is greater.  Restarting the job processor(s) frequently seems to reduce the errors.

2) It may be possible to setup a windows task schedular to handle restarting the job processor automatically.  Autodesk is working on more documentation regarding this.

Until Autodesk releases the information, hopefully this will help some of you limp along for a bit.  I think this is a bandaid fix to a much larger problem, but for now we can at least get some work done.  At this point, it seems as if Autodesk is only addressing the errors and not the lack of performance.

Thank you to those of you who have also posted your concerns.

Windows 7, 64-bit
Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz
16GB
SSDs
Message 26 of 76

Helle Jeff,

Thank you for this explanation but I restart the job processor every day (2 times minimum per day). Sometimes it can be done 10 times.

Very annoying to do it even if it takes few minutes.

Sylvain

Message 27 of 76

Just to be clear, I'm talking about a full shutdown of the job processor...not a pause and restart.  The close button on the processor window won't shut down the processor, only File>Exit.  Why are you restarting the JP 10 times/day?  Either way, I agree...having to restart the JP is annoying.

Windows 7, 64-bit
Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz
16GB
SSDs
Message 28 of 76

Hi,

I speak about a full shutdown of the computer (virtual machine). Today I did it 3 times for example.

When I see that the JP is blocked on a task, I am obliged to do a remote desktop on the VM, stop the process, restart the computer. Few minutes later, I am obliged to reconnect on it (log in), and at this time, when Windows is loaded, the JP is starting too automatically.

Sylvain

Message 29 of 76

Wow!  That's annoying.  I wonder if it may be something else, a stability issue with the vm.

I also had problems with a dedicated JP (physical computer on the network).  It seemed to work great in the beginning but eventually the performance degraded enough that the JP was barely working.

Windows 7, 64-bit
Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz
16GB
SSDs
Message 30 of 76
cbenner
in reply to: jeff_jordan

I've come to the conclusion that all of my problems with JP are processor oriented, and could be solved very easily by Vaule and JP supporting multi threading.  As far as I know, this was passed up to the development team through a service ticked logged for me, based on posts here.  So it should be taken care of real soon,.... or about the time I retire.

Message 31 of 76
jeff_jordan
in reply to: cbenner

Hahaha!  I hope your retirement is close then!

Windows 7, 64-bit
Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz
16GB
SSDs
Message 32 of 76
jeff_jordan

It looks like for Vault 2013, they have chosen not to address the Job Server performance issues.

Windows 7, 64-bit
Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz
16GB
SSDs
Message 33 of 76
JohnHuber

All,

We just posted hotfixes for the 2012 and 2013 Vault releases that provide a fix for Job Processor.

• 2012 - DL19383899, fixed memory leak and adds large address awareness
  • 2013 - DL19384471, fixed memory leak

A similar hotfix for 2011 is in progress.  While these do not address all of the Job Processor issues, it should help to alleviate some of the errors encountered.

Regards,

John Huber
Engineering Escalation Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 34 of 76
mbodnar
in reply to: JohnHuber

Hi John

Thanks for the info, will try the hotfix and will post back comments in the coming weeks

Regards

Max Bodnar

Message 35 of 76
chris_turner
in reply to: mbodnar

Since I have installed VP 2013 (Server and Cleint) locally on my PC all seems to have been working quite well, but I seem to not be able to login to the Job Processor? I know my login credentials are good and I can't really see anything odd that should not make this work.

When I try login to the JP, I get the message 'Unable to Connect to the Job Server. Verify your account settings... etc'. See attachement.

Everything else seems to be working fine with my Vault. I have tried restoring a backup of a blank vault, enabling the job processor and then tried logging in as administrator again, but it still won't let me login to the JP.

I thought I would ask if anyone had any ideas before I resort to doing a full reinstall.

Thanks in advance

Message 36 of 76
JohnHuber

Hi Chris,

In the server field, type the name of the ADMS server (instead of the vault name).

Regards,

John Huber
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 37 of 76
chris_turner

Thanks John! I knew I was going mad!

Message 38 of 76
JohnHuber

The Job Processor update for Vault 2011 is now posted.

• 2011 - DL19384628, fixed memory leak and adds large address awareness

Regards,

John Huber
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 39 of 76
jeff_jordan
in reply to: JohnHuber

The job processor fixes do not solve the need to restart the job processor nor do they address many of the other concerns in this post.

Windows 7, 64-bit
Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz
16GB
SSDs
Message 40 of 76
JohnHuber

Jeff,

The hotfix was created to quickly help alleviate some of the errors encountered and was not intended to address all Job Processor issues.

The application is currently being reviewed for a potential, future update.

Regards,

John Huber
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report