Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove check out on another machine

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
shaunfarris
597 Views, 4 Replies

How to remove check out on another machine

I have an issue with Autodesk Vault 2012.

I have a number of files checked out to myself on an old machine that no longer exists as it had major faults with the hard drive.

I have tried remove reservation without any luck, I have also logged in as another Adminstrator without any luck.

The file when I look at it in the Vault explorer shows with a tick but no local copy, I need to be able to get the local copy and r remove the reservation.

Any ideas?

Shaun

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
minkd
in reply to: shaunfarris

When you try to remove the reservation while logged in as a user with the Administrator role, what error do you see?

Does anything get logged in the server's vlog?

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
shaunfarris
in reply to: minkd

Hi,

I get the message that I cannot remove the reservation because it is not currently checked out to anyone else.

I assume I get this message because it believes the files are checked out to 'me' but on a different machine

Message 4 of 5
lightcube
in reply to: shaunfarris

I'm having this exact issue right now in Vault Basic 2020. I had files checked out onto another machine which no longer exists. Now I am unable to checkin files using the same user account (with administrative privileges) from another computer.

I can do a Get with Checkout and my local Vault will download the files locally and show them as both available locally and checked out. But when I try to check in the file, I get this error: 

File does not exist:

Path/To/File/on/Old/System/myfile.max

Check In aborted.

I tried to fix this by selecting the file in Vault and choosing File > File Control > Remove Reservation but when I do that, I get this error: 

Reservation cannot be removed. 'myfile.max' is not currently checked out by someone else.

So the system won't let me check in the file because I checked it out on another computer, but it won't let me unlock it in Vault because my user already checked it out (on the old computer).

How to solve this?

Shawn Olson

Developer of Wall Worm
3ds Max plugins and Scripts

3ds Max 4/Gmax - 3ds Max 2020
Mudbox 2009-2019

Windows 10 x64
i7 8700K
64GB RAM
Geforce 1080ti
Message 5 of 5
lightcube
in reply to: lightcube

I found a hacky solution to my particular case. On my new system I created a symbolic link to the old path to the Vault working folder (from old system) to point to the Vault root on the new system.

I ran this command with CMD (which had to run as Administrator because the old path was under the Users folder):

mklink /d "C:/Users/Shawn/Documents/Vault/OldVault" "C:\vault\New Vault"

Obviously, anyone else will need to use their own paths and vault names.

Once I did this, Vault was able to find files in the old paths and now suddenly allows me to check in files.

This is definitely a hack, but at least it worked for me.

Shawn Olson

Developer of Wall Worm
3ds Max plugins and Scripts

3ds Max 4/Gmax - 3ds Max 2020
Mudbox 2009-2019

Windows 10 x64
i7 8700K
64GB RAM
Geforce 1080ti

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report