Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find database version ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
aguitton116
349 Views, 4 Replies

How to find database version ?

Hi,

I'm facing an issue with a customer that I'm still able to deal with for the moment but a question came to me through that because I had a similar problem earlier : how can I know the database version in vault ?

Iin his case he's trying to attach an old vault to his freshly installed ADSM 2013 (basic) and he has the message which says :

"The migration of a database from version 17.0.5 to 17.0.4 is not possible" (tranlated as I could from french error message).

His Vault version is 2013 basic which is known as 17.0.61.0.

What is the link between vault version and database version and so how can I know the database version ?

For his problem I suggested to install SP1 then update 1 and 2 for vault 2013 SP1 and check after each update. It worked after update 2 (if it can help anyone, but this I remind you that it's not my original question 😄 ).

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
minkd
in reply to: aguitton116

The backup was from 2013 SP1, and he is trying to restore to 2013 RTM.
The fix is to install SP1 on his freshly installed 2013.

There is no link between the product version and the product schema version, atlhough since 2013 they at least have the same major version number.  But there is much more to compability than the product schema version.

Two Web-service methods in the KnowledgeVaultService are available to determining whether or not a vault database is compatible with a server (GetSiteCompatibilityWithKnowledgeMaster and GetSiteCompatibilityWithKnowledgeVault).

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
aguitton116

Hi Dave

can you tell me more about these methods please ? I think it could help me as a reseller.

Message 4 of 5
minkd

It is part of the Vault SDK, which can be found it in the "SDK" folder under your ADMS install location.

A search for "SDK" in the Vault Wiki turns up this page, which is a good starting point for developers:
http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/Help/ENU/?guid=GUID-F21E7DD6-39E9-473C-84BB-3446BCAFCCC0

If you have any specific questions, the Vault.Customization forum would be more appropriate than this forum.

The methods I mentioned are what Vault uses to determine compatibility when a backup is restored or a vault is attached, so they were implemented with those workflows in mind.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
aguitton116
in reply to: minkd

OK so there's no easy way to know. Thanks for the answer, maybe I'll find motivation to go further one day (when I'll have the problem again probably).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report