Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get Batch Plot from Vault to work?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Winks87
684 Views, 1 Reply

How do I get Batch Plot from Vault to work?

I am haveing several issues with batch plotting from Vault:

1.  Paper Sizes - when plotting Inventor .dwg's, it always defaults to a 24X36 paper size - even when I explicitly set each plot to 18x24 (or any paper size).  Has anyone seen this?  How to fix?  I am plotting from Vault Pro 2013 to a network plotter: Xerox 6050/6030 Wide Format Plotter.  Windows 7.  Updated drivers.

In the windows printer preferences it lists an explicit paper size (you cant say "set to dwg size or something like it") see attached image.  Do I have to set this for each batch plot? 

2.  Plot using visualization file: I have this option set but I think its still plotting the dwg's.  It appears to be downloading all of the parts/assemblies to plot.  If its using the dwfx's, does it still need to do this?  This really slows it down.

I appreciate any help on this matter as it really is starting to turn some coworkers off of Vault.  Anyone?  Autodesk?

James Winkler
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Winks87
in reply to: Winks87

Update: I noticed that Autocad dwgs will plot to the size defined in the batch plot settings - Inventor dwgs require a setting in the windows printer preferences set to a paper size prior to batch plotting from Vault.  Why is this?  Why do the Autocad dwgs plot to a size defined in the batch plot set up but not Inventor dwgs?  I know the plot commands between Autocad and Inventor are different (Inventor uses the windows plotter I think) - but shouldnt Vault be aware of this?  Isn't Vault created to manage Inventor dwgs?  Why wouldn't it plot to a paper size defined in the batch plot setup?

James Winkler

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report