Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Migrate Content Center from 2010 to 2011

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
UserEMC
771 Views, 5 Replies

How Migrate Content Center from 2010 to 2011

How can I migrate the CC to Vault 2011?

I mean the existing parts, not the libraries.

When you install CC libraries in ADMS 2011 it migrates them automatically but what happens with all the existing content center parts created with inventor 2010?

If you search for the i-properties them said that they where created with version 2010 and need to be migrated to 2011 but how can it be done?

Mnually checking out all of them? (Not possible because they are libraries...)

Any help?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ihayesjr
in reply to: UserEMC

Can you explain why you want to migrate all of your CC existing files?  You do not have to migrate them until you use them in the latest version of Inventor.  When the parts are used in a new or updated assembly, the old CC part will get migrated to the latest release.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 6
UserEMC
in reply to: ihayesjr

Because I have upgraded from 2010 to 2011.

And when I open an existing assembly, change, and save it, it seems that the previously existing content center (for example lots of bolts, nuts and so on) creates problems to inventor (or to the vault add-in I'm not sure) and then you are not able to do a check in because inventor says that you have to save files with changes but it seems that only have changed the content center files but inventor cannot save it because are only-read files and so on.... so at last you feel crazy!!!!

I thought that migrating them in one time could solve the problem.

thanks

Message 4 of 6
ihayesjr

Thanks for the explanation.  Can you take a look at the following blog article to see if it will resolve your issue?

http://underthehood-autodesk.typepad.com/blog/2010/11/vault-utility-spotlight-inventor-task-schedule...

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 5 of 6
UserEMC

Sorry but I had tried this solution before but it didn't worked because Vault said me that this kind of files (content center) weren't under a valid project file so I couldn't perform the operation.

And other problem cames if you try to create a project file that be at the top of all the files because when you try to assign the folders on inventor it says that the workspace isn't valid....

any help???

thanks.

Message 6 of 6
mthomas

We've had success in the past doing the following...

1) User Vault Client to check out all the content center components

2) Create a new Inventor Project file (single user) where the workspace is set to the content center file location

3) Using the new project file and the Inventor Task Scheduler to migrate the files

4) Switch back to the Vault Master Project.

5) Use the Inventor Task Scheduler to check back in the content center files

Mike

Mike Thomas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report