Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide/Delete Property for Category

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
katterbauer
468 Views, 4 Replies

Hide/Delete Property for Category

Hi,

how can i hide / disable / delete a certain property definition for specific categories?

Situation:

- Property "Price" is available for category "A" and category "B".

- After a year or so you find out that you do not need the "Price" for category "A". It should still be available for "B".

- It is ease to configure this in the configuration. This is good enough for all new files since the configuration change. The price property is no longer here for category "A". 

- The question now is how to disable the property for all legacy files within category "A"?  It still shows up for all these files?

thank you,

klaus

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
olearya
in reply to: katterbauer

Hi Klaus,

In order to remove property from existing files you need to remove with "Add / Remove Property" from the Action menu.  I would suggest doing a search for all files in that category where "Price is not empty" and removing in bulk.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
katterbauer
in reply to: olearya

Hi Allan,

if I do the "Remove Property" as you suggested, it not only removes the property for the selected files - it removes the property completely for all files & categories...

klaus

Message 4 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: katterbauer

Did you use this menu?

actions.png

This will open a list of properties tied to a specific file, select the property and you'll see "Action" on the right.  Under there is Add or Remove.  This will add or remove that property from only the file selected.

Message 5 of 5
katterbauer
in reply to: cbenner

Perfect!

I was not aware of this functionality - i just knew of the "+" and "-" symbols in the property grid...

Thanks a lot,

klaus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report