Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have Protductstream work with iParts?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
AJ.Spin
257 Views, 0 Replies

Have Protductstream work with iParts?

Hello,

I cannot figure out how to make iParts work with Productstream Professional 2011 (we do not have Vault) with our workflow because all the data (e.g.. name & part number) is inputted into the iPart Author and not PSP.

Normally, a new part is made and it is assigned an Engineering Document card (see attachment).  The data from card seems to be exported into the iProperities of the file so we can normally control the name of the part from PSP.  iPart members do not contain iproperties so this data is never pushed from PSP.  Instead this information is inputted manually via iPart Author.  While I can type in the information I want in the iPart Authour, it completely makes the data entered into the data management system moot because it is completely driven from the iPart Author and the information for an iPart member in PSP is just for show.  Did anybody else have a similar issue?  Any ideas how to work around this?  Am I missing something about the intent of the tool and data management systems?

On a similar note, PSP seems to create unique symbols to describe iPart factories and members but there is no option for these choices on the Engineering Document card (see attachments).  When you make any type of change on these Engineering Document cards, the unique iPart symbols gets erased because it is not a choice on the Engineering Document card.

I do not know how customized our version of PSP is setup and I only understand the Inventor portion so chances are you will stump me with PSP questions.  I am not an Admin. or CAD manager, but just tired of making nearly identical versions of parts and then having to change each one individually for revision changes.

Thank you

Tags (2)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report