Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder and child overrides?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
randyspear6624
279 Views, 2 Replies

Folder and child overrides?

I am close to finishing my set up of lifecycles and categories but I've run into a snag...

On occaision, users from another discipline will need access to other discipline's folders to do work for them. I applied overridden security the specific folder and the user is able to create files in that folder but are unable to check them out.

When I look at the files, they don't have the overrides applied. If I manually change each file's security to object based then the folders overrides are applied until i close refresh and open the security dialog box again and then it's reset to the default lifecycle settings.

I really don't want to add the user to the lifecycle security settings bc then they have access to that discipline's files within that vault.

How do i apply overrides to all files within a folder?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ryan
in reply to: randyspear6624

File security supercedes folder security.  I don't like it either but that's how it works.

-Ryan

Ryan Small
National Team Leader, Data Management and Software Development
SolidCAD, a Cansel Company (an Autodesk Platinum Partner)
www.solidcad.ca
Message 3 of 3
randyspear6624
in reply to: ryan

Thanks, that is a downfall for sure but I can't seem to apply security overrides to the individual files. (it always reverts back to what the lifecycle security)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report