Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time Vault setup, Lots of ?'s

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
atf0005
701 Views, 6 Replies

First time Vault setup, Lots of ?'s

Ok ya'll i've downloaded vault 2014 basic server to run on my desktop computer. My computer is going to be used as the server for our upcoming project. Our server won't run Vault properly so that's why my computer will be the 'server'. i have also downloaded client as well. I am trying to add inventor files and dwg files into the vault to be shared with 2 other computers. The problem i am having is while inventor i open a file in the working folder and i would like to check that file in to the vault to be shared. I can log into vault however that is the only option i have.

Bin Vent- inventor--vault.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: atf0005

was the inventor project file setup as a vault project file?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
atf0005

it was not, i got it figured out. Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
atf0005

Refresh.JPGnow that i have Vault working and i'm checking files in and out i have a question it is asking me to refresh the file and i've refreshed the dwg in inventor, just curious what the fix is and what is going on with the refresh file comment.

Message 5 of 7
atf0005

also now that i have it working locally, other computers on our network (4 computers) can not find my local host to connect. Any ideas of how to fix this? This is windows 8

Message 6 of 7
minkd

You likely are running a firewall on your machine. Try temporarily turning the firewall off to see if that is indeed the problem.  If it is, then you will need to add a firewall rule that allows acess to port 80.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 7
3DSetout

i have the same 'login in' only option in Inventor on the Vault tab.

how did u solve it if i may ask. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report