Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find Records Window in Change Order

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dherman469
413 Views, 2 Replies

Find Records Window in Change Order

Hello,

In our vault, we have a specific folder location that holds all of our official production drawings and 3D models.  Other folder locations are for unofficial files.  When I make a new change order in Vault Pro 2011, I go to the Find Records window.  By default, the search will look in the entire vault, including the unofficial folder locations.  I have attached a picture showing this. 

Currently, I will need to click on the Browse button and manually set the official production folder to limit my search.  Is there a way that I can change the default search folder in the find records window.  I would like to set the default folder location to the folder that I specify and not search the entire vault.  That way each time I make a new change order I will not need to always manually change my search folder location.  Is there a way to do this?

Daniel Hermanson

Spraying Systems Co.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kevinku1983
in reply to: dherman469

Hi Daniel,

Find dialog provides open/save search function. I think you could first create a search for your official production folder and save it. Next time, just open the search from Find dialog to save your time. See attached pictures.

Please have a try and let me know whether it's what you want.

Best Regards,

Kevin

Message 3 of 3
dherman469
in reply to: kevinku1983

Hello Kevin,

That's pretty handy.  I also like that when I press the open search command, a window pops up showing my saved searches.  I think that this will be simple enough.  Thanks a lot.

Daniel Hermanson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report