Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File migration issue when checking into Vault 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mayj1973
325 Views, 2 Replies

File migration issue when checking into Vault 2014

Hello,

We are currently using Autodesk 2014 products. We have 19 used seats in the department. We are in the process of moving to 3D design with Inventor. We see the value of Vault with Inventor type files but we are experiencing issues with our AutoCAD files. We used the autoloader to move our entire legacy drawing (.dwg) files from a network drive to the Vault. Since the change we have been experiencing an issue that is causing alarm. When using a legacy drawing as a starting point to create a new drawing with a new number and then checking it into the vault we are sometimes asked to migrate from an AutoCAD file to AutoCAD mechanical file. If we choose yes then the file is checked into the vault. If we select no the check in process is canceled. So our only option is to select yes.

A brief procedure breakdown...

Our BOM is an attributed table and is read by third party software. This software then exports the data into our ERP system. Prior to Vault no issues were present.

Presently we are occasionally experiencing an issue where the third party software cannot read the attribute to extract the data for the ERP system. This issue is sporadic and doesn’t seem to have a pattern. The only thing that I have been able to trace it back to is that it seems to be the drawings that needed to be migrated to an AutoCAD mechanical format. When these drawings are checked out of vault the following error is displayed...

"Open Drawing - Errors Found One error was found in the drawing file during open. Would you like to cancel this open? It is recommended you cancel the open and then run the RECOVER command on the drawing file"

If the recovery is done then the file works fine with the third party software. Obviously this is a huge pain to try and manage and very time consuming. Any suggestions? If I cannot resolve this issue then I will be forced to move the dwg’s back to the network drive.

Thanks,

Jason Mayes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
r.smith1
in reply to: mayj1973

Jason,
I have replied to you via a support request. We will take this discussion off line and post the resolution to it when we determine the cause.

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
ASI_BSD
in reply to: r.smith1

Was a resolution to this ever found? We experiencing the same issue??

BSD Technical Support
AdvancedSolutions.com

"You may not be able to erase your past, but you are the artist of your future!"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report