Vault General

Active Contributor
mark.cloyed
Message 1 of 2 (109 Views)

File Security with Replication

109 Views, 1 Replies
09-13-2012 11:59 AM

I hope someone can answer a question about folder security and replication.  I am setting up an environment with full replication, where I am replicating only certain folders from Site A to Site B.  For someone who works at Site B, is there a need to use folder-level security to keep them from accessing a file in a folder that is not replicated?  Do they have a way of getting a copy of a file that is not in a replicated folder?

Thanks,

Mark

Employee
paul.gunn
Message 2 of 2 (106 Views)

Re: File Security with Replication

09-13-2012 12:43 PM in reply to: mark.cloyed

Hi Mark,

You will want to lock down those files via folder security. While limiting replication to certain folders will prevent automatic replication of those files, a user with read permissions can still download the file (which would result in an on-demand replication of the file).

Paul

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community