Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to aquire entity ownership from workgroup

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
jparks_79
988 Views, 9 Replies

Failed to aquire entity ownership from workgroup

Hello,

This is a common problem we are encountering with one of our workgroups in our multi site environment "Failed to aquire entity ownership from workgroup" or "No site in Workgroup"

This message is shown while trying to transfer file ownership from one site to another. All replication messages on the servers show replication is occurring normally. I can log into each machine. But It isn't possible to tranfers file ownership.

We are running Vault Pro 2012 on 64 bit, with sql 2008 r2. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

jeremy

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: jparks_79

Has the ownership expired?  Usually a site/workgroup will own a file for a set time.  Are you able to log into the troubled site and send ownership to another site/workgroup?

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 3 of 10
jparks_79

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the response. Ownership is availible for lease. When logging into the other site and trying to transfer ownership.

But as I was typing this message, I found the problem. the server agent wasn't running on one of the sites. who knows how long. Maybe a couple days.

Thanks Again!

Jeremy

Message 4 of 10
Maxim-CADman77

What do you mean "server agent"? SQL Server Agent (AUTODESKVAULT) service?

Message 5 of 10
jparks_79

I meant the SQL server Agent. It is responsible for maintaining the replication of the databases and files, as far as i know.

Sometimes the service is interupted and stops running. You can check it through SQL management studio. SQL server agent should have a little green "play" button, if it is running. In a multi-site replicated environement, you have a SQL server agent running on each server.

hope this helps

Jeremy

Message 6 of 10
Maxim-CADman77

I wonder if using SQL management studio is the easiest way to check if service is running....

Message 7 of 10
jparks_79

Well, you can directly check the services from the server managment tools. You may also setup the server to send email notifications if for some reason the service cannot be started. Otherwise SQL management studio is the only way I know how to check

Message 8 of 10
minkd

You can see all the services that are installed on your machine, which ones are running, which ones are set to start automatically, etc; by looking in Control Panel >> Administrative Tools >> Services. Or just run services.msc from a DOS shell or the "Run .." dialog off the start menu.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 10
Maxim-CADman77

The SQL agent is started on ADMS-subscriber.

Why Vault keep telling there is <> could transfer ownership>. ?
Message 10 of 10
dflaugher
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

This happened to me when the Autodesk Data Management Job Dispatch services were not running on the target workgroup (Server that had the ownership) server.  Once we started the service (and waited about 2 or 3 minutes) all was well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report