Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed migration Vault Server Pro 2014 to 2015

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kolesaa
523 Views, 6 Replies

Failed migration Vault Server Pro 2014 to 2015

When you try to migrate main vault, an error

err.png

Libraries migrated without problems. What could be the reason?

Found such a problem, but there is no particular decision.

Vault Server 2014 to 2015 database migration fails

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: kolesaa

I think the resolution of this type of error is to open a tech support case.  There is no one particular cause of this kind of error, it is unique to each case.  A tech support case will get you idividualized support that is beyond what can probably be provided here in the forums.

Message 3 of 7
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: kolesaa

AFAIK case opened gives no guarantee to have problem fixed by Autodesk in more-or-less timely fashion.

Lets face the truth - Autodesk does use dirty tricks quite often. 

Some cases Autodesk closes with statement "there is no solution in current release" which declared in support agreement as a sort of solution!

Returning to this particular issue:

Case opened, three working weeks have passed. I don't see much sence for case opener to wait reaction from techsupport any longer.

I'd rather collect some customer ideas and try to implement most perspective of them.

For me it seems like there is something in database that is not used anymore but present in some cross reference tables.

Does anybody know ways to initiate some self-maintanece for such cases?

Message 4 of 7
tmoney2007
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

I feel your pain with respect to support. The problem with going off on your own trying to fix these database related things is that if you hose things up, they might not help you.

Make sure that the SQL login for the sa user password matches what is in the vault configuration. That's about all I can think of.

Those tables are all related to the item master, which has been overhauled from 2013 to 2014, they may have also changed the schema for 2015 (it was kind of a mess).
Message 5 of 7
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: tmoney2007

Thank for your idea, but I'm not sure to understand where exactly "in
the vault configuration" password should be checked. Could you clarify?

BTW, we've got some "first version" of "repair script" ... (which
haven't helped yet).
Message 6 of 7
troga
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

We have a Hotfix i process for this issue, in ashort time you should be able to download a Hotfix for it.

Message 7 of 7
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: troga

Thank you for good news!

Waiting for the URL with anticipation

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report