Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error restoring Vault 2009 backup to Vault 2011

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
guyh
395 Views, 9 Replies

Error restoring Vault 2009 backup to Vault 2011

I'm trying to restore a Vault backup done using Vault 2009 to Vault 2011.  Vault 2011 is installed on my laptop using 2008 SP1 Express.  I suspect this is likely the cause of the issue but maybe somebody can confirm based on the attached error message.

The Filestore is about 130GB and the database size around 4.5Gb so over the 4Gb limit.  I was hoping to restore the Vault and then use the purge function to remove some files and reduce database size as this was vastly improved between 2009 and 2011 version.

If anybody can shed some light on how best to proceed it's appreciated.

Thanks,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
paul.gunn
in reply to: guyh

Hi guy,

That is a pretty strange error - CSC.exe is part of the .net framework and is not called by ADMS directly. It sounds like there might be some problems with your .NET installation. I would suggest trying a repair on the .NET framework to see if that fixes the problem.

That said, you could run into the database size issue on restore. If the backed-up database is larger than 4G the restore operation itself would fail.

Paul

Message 3 of 10
guyh
in reply to: paul.gunn

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.  I've tried to repair the .net framework installs on my machine (2.0 specifically ) but the erorr persists.  Would the log files help ID the issue at all?

Cheers,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 4 of 10
paul.gunn

Hi Guy,

The log file might help shed some light on the issue. You might also want to consider opening up permissions on the temp directory in the error message - possibly it is a directory security issue.

Paul

Message 5 of 10
guyh

Hi Paul,

I've attached the logs from last nights failed attempt.  It was running for several hours before the failure.  I will check the permissions.

Thanks

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 6 of 10
paul.gunn

Hi,

Unfortunately the log isn't really giving us any more information. Hopefully the permission change would have an effect. Failing that you might want to check the windows event log for any unusual entries.

Paul

Message 7 of 10
guyh

Hi Paul,

Thanks for taking a look at the logs.  I tried the permissions and it still failed.  One thing I thought which could cause the issue relating to this temp file on C: is how we partition our Laptop drives.  We have C: and D:.  C: only has about 80Gb which if the ADMS uses here to cache files maybe this causes the failure?  I have about 370GB available on 😧

Cheers,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 8 of 10
paul.gunn

Hi Guy,

It is possible that this could be related. I do notice that based on the progress steps in the log It does seem that the failure is ocurring during restore of the filestore.

Are you using the default filestore locations? If so you might want to explicitly pick a D drive location in the restore dialog - that would ensure the filestores are being copied to where you want them to go.

Paul

Message 9 of 10
guyh

Hi Paul,

I set both the restore options to 😧 but the ADMS is installed on C:  Worth me removing it and also the AUTODESKVAULT sql instance and ensuring they are installed on D:?

Thanks for the help

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 10 of 10
paul.gunn

Hi Guy,

I wouldn't suspect moving the install to D drive would solve this this issue - however I cannot rule it out either. 

Did you happen to notice whether there were any related errors in the Windows event log? I know that .NET framework errors are often recorded there.

Failing that, I'm beginning to run out of ideas as to what might be causing your problem. We might be getting to the point of having you contact product support - I know they have seen and dealt with stranger problems than I have run into.

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums