Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "An Item with the same key has already been added"

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
spascual
9284 Views, 28 Replies

Error "An Item with the same key has already been added"

Hi Sirs,

Any sugestion about this error.

VM210 SP1

Regards

28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29
yuhui.zhang
in reply to: spascual

hi, would you please give some other infomation to figure this out, such as:

- Did this error appear on the Vault client main window or other dialog? what operation made this error thrown?

- Did this error appear when login another Vault database in the same machine?

Thanks,

Fay

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Message 3 of 29
spascual
in reply to: yuhui.zhang

Hello Mr. Yuhui,

Thanks for your interesting. The environment is VM2010 SP1 with a SAP connector.

I have some items that when I click on (in item master environment) a dialog box appears with this message.

I have noticed that when I "delete SAP link" (for file and item) the dialog box does not appear.

If I do an "Update Item" (it is done without problems) and click on, the dialog box appears again.

Thanks

Message 4 of 29
spascual
in reply to: yuhui.zhang

Please, I need help.

I hear about an aplication that can find the problem I'm talking about, but with older vault versions.

Maybe with a simple consultant to a SQL, the problem is solved.

How much it costttttt?????????????????

regards

Message 5 of 29
JamesMcMullen

Have you tried logging a support case against this issue?  I, unfortunately, cannot add anything since it is something I haven't seen.  But, I think we might be able to help you quicker if you went thru support.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 6 of 29
spascual

I'm an independent professional that cannot ask for official support.

Thanks

Message 7 of 29
spascual

Official support already running

Thankssssss

Message 8 of 29
Cadenza

Are you using Autocad Mechanical with Vault Manufacturing?? We have had the same problem with a new vault set up, the previous had no issues - eventually we were told

"We only have a very few reports of this error occurring before. ... when they created an Item property. When the property was deleted, the error went away. I am wondering if they have recently created a new custom Item property or imported a configuration that has the same name as a property in the ACM BOM Table. The issue being that the custom Item property in 2010 should not have the same name as that in the ACM BOM table."

The issue is why there is no guidance on avoiding such problems in the first place

Message 9 of 29
spascual
in reply to: Cadenza

Goog evening Mr. Cadenza,

Well, people are using AutoCAD Mechanical with VM2010, but not are using the AM BOMS.

May is occurring what you say with Inventor too.

Through a friend, it has been opened an official support, I tell you something.

Regards

Message 10 of 29
spascual

Please help

Message 11 of 29
spascual

tomas.pascual.pico

Message 12 of 29
karthur1

I too see this error message at random.  I am using Vault 2010.  It usually happens when I right-click on an Inventor file in Vault Explorer.

Message 13 of 29
mollons
in reply to: karthur1

Is everyone who is seeing this error in this thread using Vault Connect?

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 29
spascual
in reply to: mollons

Hi Mister Mollon,

If you undestand "Vault Connect" as Vault SAP connector, answer is YES to me.

Regards

Message 15 of 29
Cadenza

Again if you are referring to the SAP connector then we are NOT.

A new clue discovered in rthe last hour - the error only appears when selecting the problematic items in item master when the "general" tab is selected ie if the history or Bill of materials is selected the error dialogue does not pop up!!

Message 16 of 29
karthur1

I don't know what Vault Connect is... so I would say No, I am not using it.

Message 17 of 29
mollons
in reply to: karthur1

Could someone send me a screen cap of one of the problematic item's general tabs?

You can send it directly to me if you woudl rather not post it here.

scott dot mollon at autodesk dot com

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 29
spascual

I am be able to solve it by creating again the 3D model (not copy), but we have around 50 items affected and the drawing must be acoted again.

crazy

Message 19 of 29
mollons

I have done some digging and found some information ...

The root cause of this issue is that properties are conflicting because of what appear to the Vault to be duplicate properties. This can happen by creating a Custom property on the file which has the same name as any other property in the file or in the bom in the file. We had seen this with dwg files, but I had not seen any indication that we saw this happening with Inventor files. It may happen with Inventor dwg files though.

For instance, if you had a BOM property named "Note" and a custom file property named "Note", Vault was getting property information from two sources and colliding.

This issue was fixed in Vault Professional 2011, because it also required fixes from outside the Vault development team to the ACAD .dwg side of property and bom handling. In Vault 2011, the assembly or BOM property will always be used if there is a collision from duplicate properties.

One thing to do is to take a look at the properties you are using on the items and their mappings, and compare to the properties in the CAD bom and file or custom file properties. If you have different properties in different locations with the same name it is probably the cause of this error. Renaming/remapping the duplicate property should fix this issue.

You might want to try installing ACADM 2010 Update 2 (if you haven't already) as it looks like it has some Vault specific fixes in it, but I am not sure if it will help.

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 20 of 29
spascual

Hi Mr. Mollon,

It is difficult to belive in it, because if I create a new IPT with the same properties, it runs well.

One more, there is only some items affected (random).

Are you telling us to migrate to V2011????????

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report