Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in migrating the library parts

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Lalitkmr123
229 Views, 1 Reply

Error in migrating the library parts

Hi,
I am in the process of migrating the files on client machine after upgrading to vault to 2012.

I am following this link
http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/0000-Installa0/0192-Data_Mig192/0193-Data_Mig193...

Here is the scenario
We use one project file for our regular design and manufactured parts called "Midlandmachineryold".

We use another project to add and modify the library parts Called "Library"

The folder for the project "Library" are mapped as the library folders in project "Midlandmachineryold"

We use no Content center library.

The screen shot for the main project "Midlandmachineryold" is attached
The screen shot for the library project "Library" is attached.

I started to migrate files in the "Library" project first. It completed without a hitch.

The Files in "Midlandmachineryold" Project are arranged in a separate folder named after different machines. These folders contain part files, drawing files, Assembly and weldment files. These Assembly files use some files from the "Library" folder as library parts.

In Migrating a complete machine folder, I am getting an error for the library parts.

Here is an example :

For a library part "HS-12" whose location is : "C:\_VAULT WORKSPACE\COMMON LIBRARY\PURCHASED PARTS\HARDWARE\HS-12.ipt"

I am getting the following entries in the log file

Part    $/COMMON LIBRARY/PURCHASED PARTS/HARDWARE/HS-12.ipt    Check Out    File check out succeeded.

Then

Part    HS-12.ipt    Build Version Before Migration:2012 SP1 (Build 160190100, 190)
C:\_VAULT WORKSPACE\COMMON LIBRARY\PURCHASED PARTS\HARDWARE\HS-12.ipt--File is already migrated.
Part    HS-12.ipt    Build Version After Migration:2012 SP1 (Build 160190100, 190)

Then

C:\Users\ENG.MIDLAND2000\Documents\Inventor\Content Center Files\R2012\PURCHASED PARTS\HARDWARE\HS-12.ipt--File does not exist.

Then in task summary

Errors encountered as follows:
C:\Users\ENG.MIDLAND2000\Documents\Inventor\Content Center Files\R2012\PURCHASED PARTS\HARDWARE\HS-12.ipt--File does not exist.

This is happening for all the Library parts used in assembly/weldments in this machine folder. None of the nonlibrary parts are showing this behaviour.

Is this normal or is there a problem

Any help is greatly appreciated

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Lalitkmr123
in reply to: Lalitkmr123

Any Body?

Autodesk people?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report