Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Vault Addin Not Compatible

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sebgonz
2451 Views, 5 Replies

Error: Vault Addin Not Compatible

We installed Vault 2014 Basic last Friday and have been working fine all week. This morning, I opened Inventor 2014 professional and I'm getting the error "Inventor 2014 Vault Addin (18.0.86.0) is not compatible with the Data Management Server found on neptune."

I'm not sure how to address this, as nothing has changed in either configuration (client or server). Has anyone else had this error and can shed some light on it? Anything would be appreciated.

My PC Config:
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
16 GB RAM
Dual AMD Radeon HD 6450

Running Product Design Suite 2014
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: sebgonz

Go to your server and look at the "About Autodesk Data Management Server" on the Help tab.  The build info will be on there.  The build of the server and the add in need to be the same.  Take a look and see if that might be the issue.

data.JPG

This is from 2013, but should be in the same place on yours.

Message 3 of 6
olearya

Hi there, 

Can you check that there are no Windows or virus updates on the server - you might also look at trying to restart IIS on the server and retry.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 6
sebgonz

The IIS server restarted, and apparently didn't complete its reboot. Restarting it again fixed the issue.

My PC Config:
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
16 GB RAM
Dual AMD Radeon HD 6450

Running Product Design Suite 2014
Message 5 of 6
ADNpati

Hi Sebgonz,

I got the same problem from yesterday I am trying to fix that.

Can you please give a procedure how did you overcome this issue??

Will be very thankful for your help.

Cheers.

AD

Mechanical Engineer
Inventor Applications Engineer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my solution seems to remedy your problem, please press the Accept Solution button, Some KUDOS -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 6
Tigerpirro
in reply to: ADNpati

I am experiencing the exakt same problem, a couple of days in a row now we have been getting the same error. Usually it resolves itself around 08.00 each day. By then we have generally restarted the server a couple of times and checked our routers and so on.

How did you resovle this issue?

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report