Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: The Parameter is Incorrect

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jason.rogers
3744 Views, 3 Replies

Error: The Parameter is Incorrect

While trying to do a copy design, I receive this error: The Parameter is Incorrect. This error occurs in Vault Professional 2012 & 2013. The client is on Windows XP x86. I do not receive the error on Windows 7 x64 clients. I have not tested Windows 7 x86. The server seems to make no difference as I have received the error on Windows 2003 & 2008 x86 & x64 servers.

Attached is a screen capture of the installed updates for the Vault product.

Has anyone else ran across this? If so, what's the fix?

Jason

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
yuhui.zhang
in reply to: jason.rogers

Hi Jason,

I tried Vault Professional 2012 SP1 with Inventor Professional 2012 in Windows XP x86, but didn't see the error. Which Inventor version in your WinXP machine? does this error happen on any file or specific file? It's recommended to create a support case in case it's data related or enviroment related.

Regards,

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Message 3 of 4
yuhui.zhang
in reply to: yuhui.zhang

Seems  met similar issue, the error looks like from Windows7 or Vista instead of Windows XP, http://forums.autodesk.com/autodesk/board/message?board.id=101&message.id=41341#M41341

I'll update the thread if i have more founding.

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Message 4 of 4
jason.rogers
in reply to: jason.rogers

The problem was fixed by doing a clean un-install, re-install of the ADMS.

Note: This was the second clean un-install, re-install. The first did nothing to fix the error. The same process was followed and the second time worked. I don't know why, but it did.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report