Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message - Vault 2013

52 REPLIES 52
Message 1 of 53
timchr
1984 Views, 52 Replies

Error Message - Vault 2013

My group is starting to see the the message below. How can we fix this? This pops up when we are trying to check in files. IT doesn't happen all the time, but often enough that it's a problem.

VaultErrorMessage001.jpg

52 REPLIES 52
Message 21 of 53
timchr
in reply to: DanSingleton

I haven't heard anything back either since posting the logs..... Looks lile we may not upgrade the Vault in the next release.

Message 22 of 53
olearya
in reply to: timchr

Hi Gents,

Apologies for the silence!  There has been some progress made here - we have started to see a few issues similar to this across a number of Vault releases - we are working to diagnose the issue and suspect this may relate to updates around 3rd party tools.  

I will update this post as we get more information - will it occur in 2014?  Well this is not released until March next year so I would hope by then no. 

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 23 of 53
DanSingleton
in reply to: olearya

I seemed to have solved my issue by doing the following:

1. backed up my Vault.

2. uninstalled ALL versions of SQL Server Express on the server. the ADMS install apparently only comes with the 32 bit version. Thanks Autodesk for the warning during the install process... Smiley Mad

3. Installed the 64 bit version SQL Server Express 2008 R2 SP2 (version 10.50.4000)

4. Recreated the VaultSys and ADMS-<Computername> accounts

5. Restored the Vault from my backup.

See here for the 32 to 64 bit process... http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2012/03/sql-2008-32-bit-on-64-bit-os.html

Haven't had any issues since but it's only been a couple of days. I'll keep my eyes on it to see if it pops up again.

edit: Added service pack version

Message 24 of 53
DanSingleton

Looks like I spoke too soon. I had the original "Exception has been thrown" error again this morning.

*sigh*

Message 25 of 53

I've found something that might help find the source of this bug, if you do an IISRESET on the server you can get the first couple of problematic files out and then the server seems to give up and starts giving out errors again. Going by this it seems this might be a bug within IIS, or perhaps misuse of IIS.

Hope this helps someone narrow this bug down.

Message 26 of 53

Yep, that would help because it's restarts/resets the worker process (w3wp.exe). I've found simply killing the w3wp.exe process from the task manager does the same thing but it just goes funky again after a while.

It's a super annoying bug. Apparently, it's caused by bad coding that fails to catch a memory leak/error which in turn causes a stack overflow. Lots of examples of it on software dev sites.

Message 27 of 53
DanSingleton

@olearya wrote:

Hi Gents,

Apologies for the silence!  There has been some progress made here - we have started to see a few issues similar to this across a number of Vault releases - we are working to diagnose the issue and suspect this may relate to updates around 3rd party tools.  

I will update this post as we get more information - will it occur in 2014?  Well this is not released until March next year so I would hope by then no. 

Could you give us more specifics? What 3rd party tools? Does removing them help/solve the issue?

I can tell you this error is extremely aggravating both for me and my end users. At this point, I've started looking at Vault alternates.

Message 28 of 53
olearya

Hi Dan,

Will contact you directly to look at your specific issue - will continue to update this thread as information becomes available.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 29 of 53
mistergoodwin

Any progress made here?

I'm frequently encountering vault just hanging up on me during both the check out and check in process. It's much worse when it happens during a check in as the file becomes corrupt and gives out relative resourse path errors (and to save redoing our work we are just deleting the copy from vault and checking in a new copy, which purges the previous copies).

I'm not sure what 3rd party app could be doing this as our entire team is using the stock standard install of product design suite premium. Also we have a server dedicated to running vault only, the latest release has significantly decreased in speed and reliability and is now inteferring with productivity as more people are requiring vault admins to delete corrupt files.

Message 30 of 53
bjorn.vanos
in reply to: timchr

I've had the same problem and NOD32 was the problem. For more information view the following site: http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2012/10/performance-issues-caused-by-eset-nod32...

GTZ Bjorn

Message 31 of 53
DanSingleton
in reply to: bjorn.vanos

It's not NOD32 in my case but I"m betting these issues are somewhat virus checker related due the scanning delays. According to the link you posted the issue was fixed for people with the latest release of NOD32.

We're using Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8. It's got an absolutely horrible resource hit... You know you have the wrong virus checker installed when the top google hit for it is application's uninstaller... 😞

I've been arguing with my IT department for months to try and switch to something else. We did try BitDefender for a short hop but it was even worse. By the way, trying to uninstall BitDefender is like trying to get rid of a virus itself.

Message 32 of 53
djariwala

We are having the same issue. Can you help us out? Thanks in advance

Message 33 of 53
olearya
in reply to: djariwala

Hi All,

A timely update on Vault connection errors originally described in this thread as support has just release some updates to address this.

A Hotfix for Autodesk Vault 2011 Update 2, where issue was originally discovered, can be found here and today a hotfix for Autodesk Vault 2012 Update 1 was posted here.

We expect to follow this with a 2013 fix in the very near future.  This issue appears to relate to a multi-thread server side component causing IIS errors during heavy server side activity, most especially adding large numbers of files concurrently.

I will continue to update the thread with any new information.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 34 of 53
djariwala

@olearya wrote:

Hi All,

A timely update on Vault connection errors originally described in this thread as support has just release some updates to address this.

A Hotfix for Autodesk Vault 2011 Update 2, where issue was originally discovered, can be found here and today a hotfix for Autodesk Vault 2012 Update 1 was posted here.

We expect to follow this with a 2013 fix in the very near future.  This issue appears to relate to a multi-thread server side component causing IIS errors during heavy server side activity, most especially adding large numbers of files concurrently.

I will continue to update the thread with any new information.

Allan,

When do you think we will get that fix? Is very near future sometime next week? Our users are suffering because of this issue. Can you please provide a temporary solution until we get a fix?

DJ

Message 35 of 53
olearya

Hi DJ,

No final date on the 2013 fix but are you able to provide some more detail about the conditions under which you are seeing this issue? 

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 36 of 53
djariwala

One of our user had issues with search in the Vault and that triggered us to re-index the database. Re-indexing was creating a lot of errors and that led us to this blog.

We are constantly getting the following errors:

Event Type: Error Event Source: .NET Runtime 4.0 Error Reporting Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date:  10/26/2012 Time:  1:47:22 PM User:  N/A Computer: VIRACAD Description: Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.3959, stamp 45d691cc, faulting module oleaut32.dll, version 5.2.3790.4807, stamp 4d0fa719, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000000000024057.

Event Type: Error Event Source: .NET Runtime Event Category: None Event ID: 1026 Date:  10/26/2012 Time:  1:47:31 PM User:  N/A Computer: VIRACAD Description: Application: w3wp.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException Stack

Message 37 of 53
olearya

Hi DJ,

This then is likely not the same issue.  Are you only seeing the problem only during re-indexing?

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 38 of 53
djariwala

We were getting that before also, but after we started indexing, we are getting that error every minute.

DJ

Message 39 of 53
djariwala

@olearya wrote:

Hi DJ,

This then is likely not the same issue.  Are you only seeing the problem only during re-indexing?

Allan,

It's not caused only while re-indexing. What do you think might be issue?

DJ

Message 40 of 53
olearya

Hi DJ,

I sent you a message asking for more detail on your issue some time back - can you check your messages and get back to me?

Cheers,

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report