Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message - Vault 2013

52 REPLIES 52
Message 1 of 53
timchr
1956 Views, 52 Replies

Error Message - Vault 2013

My group is starting to see the the message below. How can we fix this? This pops up when we are trying to check in files. IT doesn't happen all the time, but often enough that it's a problem.

VaultErrorMessage001.jpg

52 REPLIES 52
Message 2 of 53
olearya
in reply to: timchr

HI There,

What version of Vault is it that you are using?  You can check the following thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Vault-2010-Exception-has-been-through-by-the-Target-of-...

Also look at whether or not anti-virus software on server or client could be an issue and perhaps look for some consistencies in the error such as user, file type or size, time of day, things of that nature.

Hope this helps.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 53
timchr
in reply to: olearya

We are running Vault Basic 2013. We have looked into the Anti-Virus on the client side, and also the file sizes and time of day. The files sizes vari and the time of day varies.

Message 4 of 53
olearya

Sorry I just looked at the subject title - Vault 2013..... 🙂

Are there any entries in the server vlogs corresponding to the error?

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 53
timchr
in reply to: olearya

Gettign another error message now when trying to do "Copy Design".  This one is new today and has happened both times doing a copy design.

VaultError002.jpg

Message 6 of 53
timchr

The vlog is showing the following:

Error: Soap Exception

Exception: BadAuthenticationToken [300]

Any help?

Message 7 of 53
JamesMcMullen

The 2 pictures show the same directory.  Do you have this problem with other directories on your system?  An error 300 usually means the hand shake between the client and server was disrupted somehow.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 8 of 53
timchr
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

It happens with different directories that was just luck.

So you think it's a software issue or a network issue?

Message 9 of 53
JamesMcMullen

I was hoping that we could narrow it down to the directory.  But as you mentioned, that is not the case.  In the SDK help, it mentions:  This can happen when the web services are restarted.  Are you moving large amounts of data?  If so, what type of files are they?  Honestly, I cannot say whether it is software or network related.

-Jim 

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 10 of 53
timchr

They are by no means large files. You can see in the one pic I posted that its just over 900kb, that's pretty typical. What seems to happen is that some of the files transfer over and the other half are cut off. We can then go back and click on check-in again and they will then go in to the vault.

Message 11 of 53
JamesMcMullen

That is definitely odd.  Are these Inventor files or ACAD files?  You are correct 6 files at ~900kb should not be a problem.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 12 of 53
DanSingleton

We're experiencing the same problem.

Workstations:

Inventor 2013 (64 bit), Build 138, Release 2013 RTM

Vault Basic Client, Build 17.0.61.0

Server:

Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 (64 bit)

Vault Basic Server 2013, Build 17.0.61.0

When I go the the server I have to click through a bunch of IIS Worker Process errors everytime this happens. They all say faulting application w3wp.exe, faulting module kernel32.dll

Searching the web and this site it looks like this has been around for a number of versions back to 2010... I haven't been able to find a permanent fix.

Message 13 of 53

Is it possible to get the error information that IIS is throwing?  I did a quick Google search as well and you are correct it looks like it has been around for a while though this is the first I think I heard of it.  There was another newsgroup thread that had a weird work around that worked for them:  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Vault-2012-and-w3wp-exe-and-not-being-able-to-check-ite...

I would like to get the IIS error though so that we can look into this more and get this resolved.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 14 of 53
timchr

They are all Inventor files, no ACAD.

Message 15 of 53
JamesMcMullen

Timchr,

Are you getting IIS errors as well?  If so, is it possible to get a snippet of the error?

Thanks,

Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 16 of 53
timchr

The only error messages we have gotten is what I have posted. What are IIS errors, not familiar with that.

Message 17 of 53
JamesMcMullen

I am unsure if you have access to your server or not.  But if you do, you can go to "C:\inetpu\logs\LogFiles\W3SVC1" directory and get the logs that IIS writes out.  I would just look at the log for the day you see the error and look inside the file around the time you saw the error.  That might give us enough information to reproduce the issue here and work on getting a fix.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 18 of 53

@JamesMcMullen wrote:

Is it possible to get the error information that IIS is throwing?  I did a quick Google search as well and you are correct it looks like it has been around for a while though this is the first I think I heard of it.  There was another newsgroup thread that had a weird work around that worked for them:  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Vault-2012-and-w3wp-exe-and-not-being-able-to-check-ite...

I would like to get the IIS error though so that we can look into this more and get this resolved.

-Jim

Sorry, I'd gone home for the day before your replies showed up.

Yup, I came across that thread as well. The weird workaround (checking ouit another file then checking it back in) isn't required... I simply click no when asked to continue to check in files and then restart the check-in for my files. 99% of the time it works the second time without any issues.

@Anonymous IIS server logs were located at C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles\W3SVC1  I've attached the entire IIS file from yesterday. I can't see where it's specifically showing an error, unless it's the lines where it says "disco 80" I'm assuming that means disconnected @ port 80.

I've also attached a screenshot of a W3SVC error that shows up in the Server's Event Viewer under System events pretty much the same time these check-in errors do.

I'd almost guarantee timchr is getting the same IIS worker errors on their Vault server.

Message 19 of 53
timchr
in reply to: DanSingleton

@Dan... Those logs look the same as mine. I have attached the 3 latest error logs. I to select "no" and then run it a second time and so far no issues on the second attempt.

Message 20 of 53
DanSingleton

Guess this problem will still be around in 2014 as well. 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report