Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 155 "Illegal Null Parameter" when attempting to assign items

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mthomas
1022 Views, 3 Replies

Error 155 "Illegal Null Parameter" when attempting to assign items

I have one Inventor assembly that when the user attempted to assign items this morning (over 6-hours ago) Vault locked up and crashed. Now when we attempt to assign items we get a error 155 illegal null parameter and are unable to assign items.

I deleted the assembly and its parts from Vault and re-checked it in. Now when I attempt to assign items it attempts to use new numbers, not the desired numbers. When I attempt to use the correct numbers it says that the numbers are already in use although the items do not exist.

I attempted to use the Go To option within the Item Master to locate the items but it says that they do not exist. My thoughts are that Vault reserved the item numbers but was unable to create them before it crashed. What can we do to get these item numbers available so that I can assign the proper item numbers?

Mike Thomas

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mthomas
in reply to: mthomas

Our incremental backup ran last night and now we can assign these items

Mike Thomas

Message 3 of 4
steveh3
in reply to: mthomas

Mike...

Do you have any insight here on what causes this error? First time that I recall dealing with this error.

I did a saveas on the assembly in Inventor as a different number and it works. Didn't change a thing other than the file name.

Will wait to see if the db heals itself tonight and let's me do it tomorrow .....

Was just curious....

Inventor---Vault Professional
Message 4 of 4
tmoney2007
in reply to: steveh3

A bit late to the game, but what seems to cause it is that when you delete items, there are still historical versions. When certain cleanup operations get run, those old versions get purged.

My suggestions would be to remove the file attachments and reassigning rather than deleting the items. If you have "Auto-select first matching item" checked in the wizard, it will find the existing item and use it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report