Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easily finding all out of date objects

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
westcoast_Jeff
334 Views, 2 Replies

Easily finding all out of date objects

Hello,

I apologize if this question has already been adressed but I am new to vault.  

In Vault Basic 2013 17.0.61.0, Is there a way to find or display all objects that I have locally but has a status condition?  I would like to know if any of my local files are:

Out of date

Checked out

Checked out and modified

Checked out but local version is older

Checked out by someone else

Basically anything that may need attention.  We have many different active folders.

I have been trying two differnt methods, creating a saved find or just showing *.* and sorting.

Showing *.* and sorting doesn't seem to work for me.  In my display it only shows the first 200 of 20000.  I have the option of clicking "more" but that get tedious.

I cannot seem to get the find to work with the "status" field.  It does not seem to work.  I have tried both "is" "needs updating", and "is not" "Up to date" but netiher shows results.

Thanks,

Jeff

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

If you  go to the top folder of the vault and click the search button without text, that way you will find all the files in the vault (I think), and then sort the files by vault status.

vault status.png

I dont know if this is the proper way to do it, but the only way I can think of now 🙂

Best regards

Christian Andersen

Message 3 of 3

Hi Christian,

Yes that works... but my vault view only shows some of the items.  Ie. 200 of 17000.  Is there a way to show all?

Capture.JPG

Best,

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report