Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due Date Inconsistency in Engineering Change Orders

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
751 Views, 5 Replies

Due Date Inconsistency in Engineering Change Orders

Hello everybody,

Working with Engineering Change Orders, I could see that some of them had a Due Date older than submitted date as you can see in the attached image.

I don't understand why it happens. It's so strange. Somebody have some idea of this issue?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
minkd
in reply to: Anonymous

There is no logic attached to the Due Date, it is just a value that can be set to whatever you want. The submitted date is recorded at the time the submit action is invoked.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
steveh3
in reply to: minkd

FYI...the due date can only be modified in several stages. I know one for sure one is the "Open" state and I believe you have to be Change Admin to edit it. Often we have to manipulate the date throughout the life of a change. Thus, you must withdrawn from the Work state to the Open state in order to change it. Then put it back to the Work state. I wish that the Change Admin had the ability to edit at any state, but it doesn't.

Inventor---Vault Professional
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Well, I understand that. However, I don't understand why there is a gap of 32 days between Due date and Date Submitted as show the image. I have tried to reproduce it, but I couldn't. If I also try to change the Due Date for a date before Date Created, it isn't possible.
Thanks again.

Message 5 of 6
steveh3

What's weird, mine has always defaulted to the day you submit it. I would like to have the 30 days as a default. There's got to be a setting somewhere, although....I couldn't find it either.

Inventor---Vault Professional
Message 6 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: steveh3

There is no default setting for Due Date that I am aware of.  The due date is at least the creation date of the ECO, but the "Submitted" date changes each time the ECO is submitted to the next step, so it logically could be a gap of 30 days or more, depending on how long it has been in the system.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report