Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Automation and Vault

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
206 Views, 1 Reply

Design Automation and Vault

I have an issue that I really need help with. We have a "master model" that we are building, using ilogic and excel to drive. This model will morph into thousands of customer configurations, based on data that a customer enters. The master model has over 100 parts. Some parts are common parts, like brackets, mounting plates, etc. Some will be changing with every design like leg lengths, and beam lengths. How will vault handle this?
I'm not a vault expert, so please bear with me. It would be nice to run our rules on the model, have it change parts, then flag the parts which have changed, and save them with a project prefix. For instance, if I am working on a project for ABC company, I might add the prefix ABC-1 to any changed files. Is this possible?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
youc
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Let me paraphrase your question to make sure I'm on the right understanding level.

You are using Inventor iPart to generate different member parts based on the same model part. And you have added the files into Vault. For any changes on the parts in Vault, you hope Vault can detect which files are changed and rename them with project name as prefix automatically.

Full automation of this process is not supported by Vault. The best practice is to select all desired parts and run Rename command manually. In Rename wizard, type in the prefix text in Numbering Scheme and set it as default. This numbering scheme will be applicable for future renaming operation. It's a once for all setting so you may need to change the prefix text next time if the project name changed.

Hope it helps and please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,
Carol

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report