Vault General

sk
sk
Message 1 of 4 (139 Views)

'Delete working copies' does not include .idw's

139 Views, 3 Replies
11-21-2012 05:51 AM

Hi.

When checking in a project, with the 'Delete working copies' box checked, i am always left with all the drawing files(.idw's) still in my workingfolder.

Seems like vault 'forget' to swipe the idw's, but all model files(.ipt, .iam etc.) are deleted though!?

Any exlpenation for this, a setting somewhere i am missing?

Regards

/sk

AI Suite 2011

Vault Basic 2013

Win 7 pro

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 2 of 4 (134 Views)

Re: 'Delete working copies' does not include .idw's

11-21-2012 07:52 AM in reply to: sk

That's by design.  If you want to achieve that, check the project in from in the drawing.  It will check in the drawing, as well as any associated assemblies and parts.  If there is more than one drawing, the assemblies and/or parts will be checked in with the first one, then you'll have to check in and delete local on the rest of the drawings.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Valued Contributor
jacoj
Message 3 of 4 (93 Views)

12-07-2012 04:58 AM in reply to: sk

good day,

is there some meens of enforcing the user or files to be deleted directly from the working folder, ones it has been checked in...

I dont want any file or copies on the local working folders.

Jaco

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 4 of 4 (90 Views)

12-07-2012 05:46 AM in reply to: jacoj

Outside of the "check in and delete local" I am not aware of any way to enforce other than through your internal CAD standards and training.  I would be very cautious asking people to remove files from the working folders before they are certain that everything has been vaulted and is up to date.  And make sure you have good backups.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community