Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete database from Login Menu

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
BassEngineer
423 Views, 3 Replies

Delete database from Login Menu

I have deleted vaults from ADMS....but the deleted vaults still show up in the LOGIN-DATABASE pull down menu.

How can I delete these from the pull down so only "active" vaults are shown?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Andy.Spivey
in reply to: BassEngineer

I  believe the XML you will want to look at is:

C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\VaultCommon\Servers\Services_Security_########\Login.xml  (where ##########  is specific to your product version (2010 or 2011 or 2012 will have a seperate folder)

You can then delete the entries under the <databases> section - OR - delete the login.xml file completely and have it regenerate the next time you launch vault explorer.

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 3 of 4
paul.gunn
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

As an alternative, I believe you can arrow down to [select] the old entries in the dropdown and hit the delete key to remove them.

Just tested this in vault 2012 and it works as expected.

Paul

Message 4 of 4
BassEngineer
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

FYI - I have 2012 installed, but there was no 2012 folder under C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\VaultCommon\Servers...I only saw Services_Security_1_20_2011 and Services_Security_1_20_2010.

But I did delete the login.xml file from the 2011 folder...and it worked...the pull down only shows active vaults.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report