Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databse Defrag Hang

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Rob.O
251 Views, 1 Reply

Databse Defrag Hang

Hi everyone!  It's been a long while since I have had any Vault troubles, so please welcome me back! 🙂

We have a SQL server in one of our offices that runs ADMS 2013 (basic).  This server was setup about 15 months ago and I have never had a single issue with it!  Last Friday the HD that ADMS, SQL, etc... is installed on crashed.  A new HD was restored with the lateset tape backup set.  The file store for this ADMS server is on a different HD on the same machine.

As of this morning, I can log into all 5 databases on this server, but one database is giving me problems.  The database in question is fairly small.  About 4,500 files with a 2.74GB filestore and a 252MB database.

Upon logging into the console, I noticed a Defrag was recommened on the databases in question so I hit the defrag option.  The progress bar shot from nil to complete instantly and a value of 1/1 was shown.  But, the progress bar just sat at 100% complete (or what appears to be 100%) and did not move for over 30 minutes.  Eventually I killed the ADMS console process.  I then had to wait for about 10 minutes for the DB lock flag to reset.

After reentering the console, it still said a Defrag was recommened.  So I then tried to defrag it a second time and again it hung at 100%.  It sat in a hung state for nearly an hour.  (See attached image).  It then popped up a message stating... "Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding."

Any ideas what could be going on?  Is it even worth worrying about?

TIA!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ihayesjr
in reply to: Rob.O

Have you tried running a SQL maintenance plan on the database?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report