Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWFx in Working Folder since 2014?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mthomas
545 Views, 8 Replies

DWFx in Working Folder since 2014?

SInce moving to Vault Pro 2014 we've noticed that when we open Inventor files from the Vault Client it is not only copieng the Inventor data local but also the associated .DWFx. I don't understand why I would want this and more importantly how I can prevent Vault from doing this

Anyone else noticed this? 

Mike Thomas

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
3DAli
in reply to: mthomas

Hi Mike,

I have the same issue and its really annoying since it clutters the workspace as well as eating up storage space! I've been looknig for a solution for couple of days and no lock so far, we have started with 2014 and I dont have any experience with previous versions, I keep checking things on and off and it seems it doesnt have any effect on this, the moment you open any file from vault the visualization gets downloaded to the local pc. I appreciate if you came across any solution please share.

Regards

Ali

Signature_Small
Message 3 of 9
amasva

Hi

Any news regarding this issue? We have the same problem..

Asle Martin Svastuen
Autodesk Product Design Suite Ulitmate 2012 Sp1 / Vault Collaboration 2012 Sp1
HP EliteBook 8560w
Intel(R)Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 2,0GHz 2,0GHz
16GB RAM
Windows 7 X64 SP1
Message 4 of 9
3DAli
in reply to: amasva

you have to check off the attachements in the check out dialouge box, its kind of hidden under the little drop down arrow, if you do so, it wont download the dwf files. hope this helps

Thanks

Signature_Small
Message 5 of 9
mthomas
in reply to: 3DAli

This toggle doesn't make a difference for us as we only get the locally copied DWFx when we do an Open from Vault. Doesn't matter if we check it out at the same time or not. 

If I do a Get / Checkout the DWFx is not copied local, and this is with SP1 Hotfix 1 on Vault Pro 2014

Mike

Mike Thomas

Message 6 of 9
3DAli

I'll try to see if I get the same experience here and let you know. so busy today thought, my appology in advance if I couldnt make it today.

Signature_Small
Message 7 of 9
Senthil_Kumar

Thanks. I could reproduce the issue and forwarding to development team.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 8 of 9
3DAli
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

True, if you open from the vault it happens. I tried it couple of times and I could reproduce the problem. if I do get/checkout only it doesnt happen, but if I open directly fromt he vault it downloads the dwf files with it.

Thanks

Signature_Small
Message 9 of 9
amasva
in reply to: 3DAli

Is there any progress regarding this issue? My local workspace looks like a mess.

Asle Martin Svastuen
Autodesk Product Design Suite Ulitmate 2012 Sp1 / Vault Collaboration 2012 Sp1
HP EliteBook 8560w
Intel(R)Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 2,0GHz 2,0GHz
16GB RAM
Windows 7 X64 SP1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report