Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create property mapping from file name to UDF

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
382 Views, 2 Replies

Create property mapping from file name to UDF

We are running Autodesk Vault professional server and client version 2011
I am facing a problem that I need to write the filename of a dwg file to a titleblock on a drawing whith a UDP which shows the name of the file.
I can fill in the name of the file in the property editor and synchonize the changes so the name is reflected in the drawing, but since I want to automate this I need to retrieve the file name in the UDP property.

So I want to created a mapping between the file name and a the UDP, but since this is system property I am not able to create a mapping from this property to my UDP.
How to achieve this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mikel_martin
in reply to: Anonymous

I would just use the AutoCAD field feature to get the filename in the titleblock.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: mikel_martin

We have about 50.000 existing drawings which have a custom field in the title block.
So this would mean I have to replace this field for one of the AutoCAD field features. this custom field however depends on the size of the drawing.

For example, the fieldname for a A0 drawing is different from the fieldname of an A4 drawing. So for new drawings I could use this solution, but for the existing drawings I want to map the property "File Name" to a UDP named property  "11nc" .

This is what I want to accomplish:

If I change the filename of a file, I want to reflect the new filename in the titleblock.
The field 11NC has mappings to the corresponding fieldnames in the titleblock which contains the name of the file.
After I synchronize the properties the new name of the file should be visisble in the titleblock.
Offcourse I can fill in the new name manually in the 11nc field and synchronize it to the titlblock of the file, but I want to make this an automatically process and thats why I want to create the mapping between the property File name and my UDP field.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report