Vault General

matthew.long
Message 1 of 2 (87 Views)

Create a Secondary Vault Database

87 Views, 1 Replies
02-14-2013 06:57 AM

Hello Everyone,

At the company that i work for we are currently running AutoDesk Vault 2009 and AutoCAD 2011.  My boss has currently tasked me with finding a way to create a secondary database for storage historical files.

Is this possible?

Does anyone know how?

Thank you

Matthew Long

Employee
olearya
Message 2 of 2 (75 Views)

Re: Create a Secondary Vault Database

02-14-2013 04:18 PM in reply to: matthew.long

Hi Matthew,

Is the intent here to create a "Released" vault and a "Work In Progress" Vault or to archive all your old projects?

It certainly is possible to have more than one Vault and you can "get" files from one Vault and "load" into the other but this is a bit of a tedious project and fraught with potential error.  It may end up being simpler and cheaper to look at upgrading you VW, VC or VP to get access to document management which allows you to track "released" files and purge WIP periodically.

Hope this helps

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community