Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could Vault Basic and Professional coexist?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
luis_andueza
473 Views, 5 Replies

Could Vault Basic and Professional coexist?

Hi everyone,

I am new in the Vault World,

Could I have installed Vault Basic and Vault Professional on the same server? and what about the clients? Could they have installed Vault Basic and Professional at the same time?

Thank you.

Luis José Andueza Castro
Ing. Mecánico - Consultor CAD/CAM/CAE/Data Management
www.dimcad3d.com | LinkedIn |

¿Te resultó útil esta publicación? No dudes en darle Me gusta a esta publicación.
¿Tu pregunta fue respondida exitosamente? Entonces haz clic en el botón ACEPTAR SOLUCIÓN.

EESignature

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: luis_andueza

you can't install 2 vault servers on one machine

you have to choose

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

unless you are running a vm on one of the servers

then you can install one of them on the VM and the other on the actual server

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
luis_andueza

How About two Vaults on the clients side? Can I have two vaults so I can enter in a basic server for some projects and to a professional server for other projects?

Luis José Andueza Castro
Ing. Mecánico - Consultor CAD/CAM/CAE/Data Management
www.dimcad3d.com | LinkedIn |

¿Te resultó útil esta publicación? No dudes en darle Me gusta a esta publicación.
¿Tu pregunta fue respondida exitosamente? Entonces haz clic en el botón ACEPTAR SOLUCIÓN.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
DarrenP

you should able be to install both clients on 1 machine

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
michael_berger
in reply to: DarrenP

Hello,

I've installed Vault Basic and Professional 2017 on the same client (Professional for use in company and basic @home)

now, when i start inventor 2017 there is the login-windows - after choosing server entering my login data there is an error "Die bezogene Lizenz ist nicht mit dem Server kompatibel" (like " the gotten licence is not compatible with server") 

i guess the inventor 2017 plugin is the basic and this wont work with the professional server... 

so is it possible to change the plugin-edition while using inventor?

thanks

p.s.: 

when i just open the application for it's own i can access the professional server with the professional client and the basic server with the basic client... no problems... just the inventor got problems...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report