Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt files after power failure

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Josy05
535 Views, 3 Replies

Corrupt files after power failure

Hi,

We experienced a power outage 2 days ago and since them Vault is giving file system error message #179. Also parts are suddenly corrupted because they were probably check out at the time the power shut down. (No we don't have a ups battery for this server). To help the situation I lost the history view, so I am unable to revive older versions that may be accessible. What can I do? The more a create files, the more they become corrupted the next morning I just don't want to work anymore.

Thanks,

Josee Laplante
BIM Drafting Technician

AutoCAD 2016
Inventor Professional 2016
Vault Professional 2016
Revit 2014
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
olearya
in reply to: Josy05

Hi There,

This does sound a little unusual and there may be a number of issues to look at:

Firstly the Vault  system is based on a stateless client, meaning that there should be no issue with checked out files, as long as you check files back in from same machine with same name all should be fine.  

When are you seeing the "179" error - can you provide more details around this?

What does it mean when you say you have lost the history view?

Obviously there could be a number of issues on the server caused by the blackout, I would look at running the ADMS server check installed on the server alongside ADMS to ensure those components are still functioning correctly. 

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
Josy05
in reply to: olearya

Hi,

I want to mention that the power shut down came at the same moment I was checking files into the Vault. We think the server did not close but our personnal stations did. Files had different status at different location and we did not know how to deal with this, so we may have caused the problem ourselves.

Never the less, we presently have corrupt files that can't be renamed or opened, only deleted. We managed to open an older version and save it, which seems fine. But when opening an assembly drawing containing a corrupt or replaced version we get the error 179 (see attached).

As for the Vault visual problem view I had, it is fixed. For some reason I had lost my customization and was missing the .xml file

Josee Laplante
BIM Drafting Technician

AutoCAD 2016
Inventor Professional 2016
Vault Professional 2016
Revit 2014
Message 4 of 4
minkd
in reply to: Josy05

Do you have a backup made prior to the power outage that you could restore?

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report