Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying registry settings for customized Vault views

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
417 Views, 9 Replies

Copying registry settings for customized Vault views

Hello:

I'm having more Users going online with the Vault. I want to copy the registry settings for my customized views in VE to all the other users.
The ability to export ones registry settings, sure would be a nice feature to add on the next release!

In the meantime, how can I manually copy them to other users, where are they located, and anything specific to look out for, beside the standard "Don't mess with the registry" warnings.

TIA

Peter Dettmer
Big Sky Engineering
peterd@bigskyeng.com
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello, This is controlled by the GridState.xml file: C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Autodesk\ProductStream\Servers\\Vaults\\Objects\GridState.xml. Copy this to each client machine to standardize the Vault Explorer session. Another xml I suggest copying is the Working folder setting. Setting this on each user's workstation can be a tedious process. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Autodesk\VaultCommon\Servers\\Vaults\\Objects\WorkingFolders.xml. -- Brian Schanen Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert Autodesk Manufacturing Solutions Implementation Certifed Expert MasterGraphics brian.schanen@masterg.com "Peter_Dettmer" wrote in message news:26200632.1109716692611.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hello: > > I'm having more Users going online with the Vault. I want to copy the registry settings for my customized views in VE to all the other users. > The ability to export ones registry settings, sure would be a nice feature to add on the next release! > > In the meantime, how can I manually copy them to other users, where are they located, and anything specific to look out for, beside the standard "Don't mess with the registry" warnings. > > TIA > > Peter Dettmer > Big Sky Engineering > peterd@bigskyeng.com
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Well done Brian. How did you figure this out? 🙂

Thanks.

Peter
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

(c:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data) and (...\Local Settings\Application Data) are now the prefered locations for information that previously probably would have been stored in the registry. See "Designed for Microsoft Windows XP" at http://www.microsoft.com/winlogo/software/downloads.mspx Dan "Peter_Dettmer" wrote in message news:1235823.1109786120489.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Well done Brian. How did you figure this out? :-) > > Thanks. > > Peter
Message 5 of 10
dougmann

Brian, are these folders only on an XP machine? I don't seem to have these on my Windows 2000 PCs. (And yes, I have hidden files and folders turned on...I can see the directory structure)

Doug Mann
CAD Applications Administrator
Aeroflex Wichita, Inc.
doug.mann@aeroflex.com
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Hi Doug, These settings apply to Vault 3.5 and 4. What version are you running? Perhaps this is why you do not see them. -- Brian Schanen Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert Autodesk Manufacturing Solutions Implementation Certifed Expert MasterGraphics brian.schanen@masterg.com "mentorcoach" wrote in message news:8957241.1111769987743.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Brian, are these folders only on an XP machine? I don't seem to have these on my Windows 2000 PCs. (And yes, I have hidden files and folders turned on...I can see the directory structure) > > Doug Mann > CAD Applications Administrator > Aeroflex Wichita, Inc. > doug.mann@aeroflex.com
Message 7 of 10
dougmann

Well, we're on maintenance and are currently using IV9, but the Vault version we installed off of the IV9 CD is version 3. How do I get version 3.5? Is that a downloadable patch upgrade?

Doug Mann
CAD Applications Administrator
Aeroflex Wichita, Inc.
doug.mann@aeroflex.com
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Hello Doug, Vault 3.5 shipped with Productstream 2. Vault 4 is coming with IV10. You're on subscription and should see it shortly. -- Brian Schanen Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert Autodesk Manufacturing Solutions Implementation Certifed Expert MasterGraphics brian.schanen@masterg.com "mentorcoach" wrote in message news:32239602.1112030529653.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Well, we're on maintenance and are currently using IV9, but the Vault version we installed off of the IV9 CD is version 3. How do I get version 3.5? Is that a downloadable patch upgrade? > > Doug Mann > CAD Applications Administrator > Aeroflex Wichita, Inc. > doug.mann@aeroflex.com
Message 9 of 10
peterd

Hello:

I just upgraded to Vault (PS) 4.5 and was looking to copy the Gridstate.xml for the other users.
Unfortunately I can't find it in the PS4.5 folders. Any idea to what this may have been changed or where it is located now?

Thanks,

Peter
Message 10 of 10
peterd

Ahh. Forget it. I made the changes, but never got out of PS4.5. That's why I didn't find them. After clsing PS4.5, the customized setting files are written to the same folders as described above.

Thanks,

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report