Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and Paste in Vault

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ebunek
866 Views, 7 Replies

Copy and Paste in Vault

When using Vault Basic 2012 is it possible to copy and paste files like a pdf from one folder to another though the vault client using only copy and paste commands like you would in windows explorer? I see the copy command under Edit but there doesn’t seem to be a paste command. When I use this edit copy command for any file if I try to past it somewhere outside of vault it acts as if nothing is in my clip board. Any help would be appreciated. The key shortcuts don’t work either ctr+v won’t paste after I have copied a file.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
olearya
in reply to: ebunek

Hi there,

Make sure you have a folder selected (in browser bar) when you select Edit > Paste or CTRL+V.  THis should work, though please note that you cannot copy to the same folder.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 8
ebunek

I select a file and use the edit copy then select a different folder and use ctrl+v. Nothing happens(no new copy in the folder selected). I do not have the option of selecting paste from the edit drop down.(See attached picture) Is this something I have to enable somewhere? Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 8
olearya

Hi again, 

I am drawing a complete blank here - I may have to get you to open a support case.  Unfortunately I have not been able to hunt down a 2012 Vault Basic build to test in your exact environment but do not believe it should be any different from current behavior.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 8
gaol

Hi,

The Edit->Copy is to copy only the text you select, you can paste(ctrl+v) it in word after copy.

To copy a pdf, you can download a local copy and add to the location you want (if you just want the latest version, and not care the history for the new copy, this works for you)

BR,

Lily Gao

Sr. QA | DLS |Autodesk

Thanks,
Lily
Message 6 of 8
ebunek

My current work flow to copy a existing file in Vault to a new location in Vault is:

Use the get command to copy the file to my working folder.

Use go to working folder to find the local copy.

Drag this local copy into the folder in vault I want the file.

I would like to be able to just copy a file in Vault client and paste to another location without ever working outside the Vault client. Is this possible in Vault Basic 2013? I believe we have a subscription so upgrading  from 2012 wouldn’t be an issue. Thanks again for any help.

Message 7 of 8
gaol

2013 doesn't have this functionality either. 

Thanks,
Lily
Message 8 of 8
ebunek
in reply to: gaol

Is there a version of Vault that does?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report