Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Design

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
karthur1
400 Views, 10 Replies

Copy Design

I am trying a "Copy Design". I want to change the status of an assembly to reuse, but I can't. When I hover over the icon, I am told "Cannot change operation type for files outside the 'cone of influence'."

There are other files that are from the same vault folder that this assembly is in. I could change them just fine. Any ideas on how I can change this assembly to "Reuse"?

The assembly is checked in... if that matters.

Thanks
Vault 4, sp2
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Squeezer
in reply to: karthur1

Can't tell by the screen shot but..

Did you set a copy to location that is outside the "cone of Influence" of the active ipj?
Message 3 of 11
karthur1

Here is a little wider view. I didn't change the location. Notice the location of filenumber 871403.iam in the attached file. It is in the same Vault Folder as the 871450.iam, but I can change the status of 871403 but not 871450.....
Message 4 of 11
Squeezer

Where is the ipj located - Engineer'g or Drawings folder?

If not, the top most iam in the screenshot is in a different path than it's sub assys.

I don't know why you get the message on one sub and not the other, but could you try to copy design of the one with issues 1st, then use it's copy in the higher copy design as a replace with.
Message 5 of 11
Squeezer

BTW, the reason I am focusing on where the files are in relation to each other & the ipj..

"Cone of Influence" is a term I hear most often associated with the the relative search areas defined by an ipj file.

In a vault ipj all the editable (non-library) files must fall under the cone of influence of the ipj. If they are not, then Inventor automatically views them as library type files regardless of how the Vault folders are typed.
Message 6 of 11
karthur1

ipj resides in the Engineering folder.
Message 7 of 11
karthur1

I hear ya'... but that is exactly why I could not understand why I could not do what I wanted.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

karthur <> writes:

> Here is a little wider view. I didn't change the location. Notice
> the location of filenumber 871403.iam in the attached file. It is in
> the same Vault Folder as the 871450.iam, but I can change the status
> of 871403 but not 871450.....

What is shown under Vault Folder is the copy target. Could it be that
this assembly is coming from a different location?

Matthias
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

karthur <> writes:

> Here is a little wider view. I didn't change the location. Notice
> the location of filenumber 871403.iam in the attached file. It is in
> the same Vault Folder as the 871450.iam, but I can change the status
> of 871403 but not 871450.....

Are all of the components in the 'cone of influence'?

Matthias
Message 10 of 11
Squeezer

I can't figure it either..
At this point, I'd consider doind a pack n go to zip with all the appropriate structure info & post a new thread w/ attention to an Adesk employee (maybe Brian Roepke) and see if they can figure it out.

In the meantime to get the job done..

Do a get on the top item & make the copy design via the Design Assistant open the resultant in Inventor and add to the vault.

Sorry I could not help.

Sue
Message 11 of 11
karthur1

Yes. All parts are under the cone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report