Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Design showing errors and Vault getting Crashed

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
hareshbhere
2422 Views, 15 Replies

Copy Design showing errors and Vault getting Crashed

I tied to copy files from Vault, but Vault getting crashed with following errors (for more details see attached images)

1.  " The Parameter is Incorrect"

2. " Unspecified error (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004005(E_FAIL))"

System:

Model    : HP 2600 Workstation;

Processoer: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU

RAM : 24.0 GB;

System Type:  64 bit Operating System;

Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800;

Vault: Autodesk Vault Professional 2011.

Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
yuhui.zhang
in reply to: hareshbhere

Thank you for your posting, would you please help to provide following information:

1. What's your Inventor version? 2011 or earlier?

2. Did you see the error for any file in Vault or specific data?

Regards,

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Message 3 of 16
hareshbhere
in reply to: yuhui.zhang

Thank you for reply.

1. I am using Autodesk Inventor Professional 2011.

2. Error observed for some of the assemblies, but it is random.

sometimes I am able to copy design assemby, sometimes same assembly showing errors.

Message 4 of 16
yuhui.zhang

hmmm.... It sounds wierd sometimes works but sometimes fail for same assembly.

We had a known Copy Design issue on substitute file which fixed in Inventor 2011 SP1. So my suggestion is please update to Vault 2011 SP2 and Inventor SP2 if not yet.

If the issue still reproducible after Service Pack installed, maybe open a support request is a good idea thus support people can look into the issue with specific dataset.

Vault Updates:

2011 SP1: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15092560&linkID=9261341

2011 SP2: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15670259&linkID=9261341

one more hotfix: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16428729&linkID=9261341 (for Copy Design performace improvement)

Inventor Updates:

2011 SP1: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15506670&linkID=9242019

2011 SP2: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16976209&linkID=9242019

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 16
jweiss1313

I have a user who is getting this same error and we are running Vault Pro 2012 SP1.  This issue is isolated to one user only (so far).  No matter what file he select to Copy Design, he gets this error.  Other user are able to peform the Copy Design on the same files so it is not file specific either. 

I also submitted a support request for this issue.  See attache error message.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem?

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 6 of 16
jmyczek

I'm using basic VAULT 2012, and got the same "Copy Design" failure.  Re-booting (multiple times) did not resolve the

problem.  However, after re-booting and then starting INVENTOR, I got another error message: ApprenticeRegSvr.exe

needs to reregister with the operating system, and terminate offending processes.  When I selected "yes" to terminate

offending processes and reregister, VAULT EXPLORER, which I already had open, shut-down (without warning) and

INVENTOR began, although it had serious graphics issues.  I then shut-down my computer, and re-started it.

After it re-started, VAULT EXPLORER and INVENTOR functioned correctly, including the "Copy Design" function.

Since I'm not an IT person, I do not know the significance of the ApprenticeRegSvr.exe or if this is just a coincidence.

Good luck.

Message 7 of 16
yuhui.zhang
in reply to: jmyczek

Do you have multi-versions Inventor or Inventor View installed in same machine? ApprenticeRegSvr.exe reregister often happens in this case.

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 16
jmyczek

Fay,

My computer has remnant files of INVENTOR/VAULT 2009 and INVENTOR VIEW.  Should the 2009 remnant files

be deleted?  Are they causing the COPY DESIGN failure?

Thanks,

jm

Message 9 of 16
yuhui.zhang
in reply to: jmyczek

Hi Jim,

Vault 2012 supports Copy Design with N, N-1, N-2 Inventor. Vault 2012 with Inventor 2009 is unsupported enviroment. Please try again after install a higher version, best match is Inventor 2012. Addtionally, 2009 inventor files could be handled by 2012 Inventor application.

Hope it helps.

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 16
jweiss1313

We are in the process of upgrading to Vault Pro 2013 and I'm still having a problem with one machine that yields the error "The parameter is incorrect" with performing a copy design when the user is a standard user and the UAC is turned on.  When I make the user an admin and turn the UAC off, the copy design functionality works fine.  My IS department wants to work with Autodesk to fix this issue because they no longer want to allow any of our CAD users to have admin accounts and they want the UAC to remain on.  I've submitted an Autodesk Support request for this as well, but I haven't gotten a response yet.

I  would appreciate help to resolve this issue.

Thanks!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 11 of 16
richiesuk

same issue here.

inv 2013 all sp installed and cannot do copy design...

Message 12 of 16
jweiss1313
in reply to: richiesuk

We still have the same issue in Vault Pro 2013.  No fix from Autodesk either!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 13 of 16

Same Problem with Autodesk Vault Workgroup 2013 SP1.

PC details:

-Win7 x64

-Inventor 2013 Prof. 2013 SP1

The problem was solved after a reboot.

We had another Problem with CopyDesign: "Unable to invoke the folder".

This problem was issued due to missing permissions. It is required that the Windows-User has full access to the root (C:/)!

Message 14 of 16

We did a complete reinstall of the OS and Inventor and Vault and now everything is woking properly.

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 15 of 16

Hi,

we have found the mistake.

The customer did not run the Inventor "as admin" the first time. So the classes for the Inventor file types were not writen in HKEY_CURRENT_USER --> Software --> Classes.

So always run Inventor with full acces the first time!

The problem can be solved with a repair install of Inventor. Another possibility is to export the classes from an other workstation an import the reg-files on the pc where copy design is not working!

Message 16 of 16
minn_guy
in reply to: dominik.gleinser

Where I work, we were lucky enough to stumble onto something that ultimately resulted in us being able to resolve our issue with 'Copy Design' operations not working. It was funny in a way, because where we had to make our fix was not in a place that you'd think would have had any bearing on the success or failure of the 'Copy Design' operation.

What we found was this...

After launching Autodesk Inventor 2014, when you click on the big letter "I" in the upper-left corner, there'll be a button titled "Options". When you click this button, it'll open a multi-tabbed dialog titled "Application Options". Click on the "File" tab.  A series of entry boxes appear where various URL/pathnames get filled-in. One of our Inventor users happened to pull-up this dialog one day, and noticed that the pathname shown in the box labeled "Default Content Center files" was highlighted with all RED letters. Sure enough, that pathname was invalid. It was referring to a URL that included the name of a server that had gotten replaced a month or so back. Once I updated that entry so that the path from our new/replacement server was reflected, the RED letters went away. Then, the next time a 'Copy Design' operation was performed on that person's machine, it worked!!

Sure glad we discovered this when we did, because we were seriously starting to look at performing re-installs of our Autodesk products on the affected machines. So be sure to check those paths in your Inventor's "Application Options" dialog!

Hoping this will help someone out in the future.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report