Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Design destroyed my origional assembly!!!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
smccoywm
518 Views, 1 Reply

Copy Design destroyed my origional assembly!!!!

A collegue used copy design to create a new assembly from an existing assembly that I had in vault. After the operation completed it gave my origional assembly a new version and relinked all part with derived components from the original assembly to parts in the new assembly. This should never happen. I need help quick. We use copy design quite often and have no Idea how many other assemblies are screwed up due to this behavior.

In the attached pics. The origional assembly had all links to files with the number 36810 in them, you will see they now reference parts that have 36927 in the name which is the new assembly that was created using copy design.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bhereharesh
in reply to: smccoywm

I also had same problem, But after that we changed our CAD modelling process.

As per my knowledge, your model some parts are changing but some are common for both and those are created from same base component. This common base component creating problem in your case.

You need to create common parts and variable parts from different base components.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report