Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Design Frame Generator

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Doug_DuPont
399 Views, 1 Reply

Copy Design Frame Generator

I'm trying to use Copy Design on a Frame generator ****'y and I'm getting an error message saying that I don't have the rights to do this. In Vault I'm the Admin.

Is it because the frame members are standard category and have a lock on them?

These are coming out of the Content Center and Content Center parts have a Category of Standard.

Douglas DuPont
Inventor 2016 Pro, Vault 2016 Pro
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BLHDrafting
in reply to: Doug_DuPont

I copy design released frames every week. I have seen this problem before when there was a security issue on the IPJ file. Somehow it magically changed the Security Override value (gremlins?). This happened with Vault 2013 (Workgroup). Below is the comments from Autodesk support :-

I think I figured out the cause for this issue. Basically, it is related to permission issue on the Inventor project file. Please remove security override or add all the users to have read access to this file. Since copy design, rename and other commands need to have to this IPJ file in order to understand the file references. If this file is not accessible then it would show the error. I have already informed the development to provide more meaningful error message.

Hope it helps.

vault_ipj_security.png

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report