Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Indexing for Office2007 files????

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
spascual
936 Views, 23 Replies

Content Indexing for Office2007 files????

Hi Sirs,

I'm indexing files content in Vault 2011, but in files DOC, XML, PPT,... If I Check-in Office 2007 files DOCX, XMLX, PPTX,... system is unable to index its content.

Is that right, or I need to do something else???

Regards

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
paul.gunn
in reply to: spascual

Hi,

Full content indexing is reliant upon ifilters being available for the various file type. So my guess is that you don't have an ifilter installed for docx, etc. The following link is to Microsoft's 'filter pack' for office 2007 - my guess is that this is what you are missing.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=60C92A37-719C-4077-B5C6-CAC34F4227CC&dis...

Paul

Message 3 of 24
spascual
in reply to: paul.gunn

Hi Paul, it looks interesting, but which application must I register the iFilters for????????

I understand that Vault 2001 do not use Windows content indexing service. I have registered iFilters for SQL2008 but it still does not work.

Because Windows Desktop Search (WDS) consumes IFilters from Windows Indexing Service, the IFilters will be automatically registered and available for use by WDS.

To register these IFilters with a specific Search product, please see the associated KB article below:

Some else suggestion??????

I have read in the article that is for windows 2003, vista and XP, may be this is the problem because I have a 2008 server standard in Spanish.

Regards

Message 4 of 24
spascual

I'm going to try with this..., it looks interestinggggg

Regards

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=5cd4dcd7-d3e6-4970-875e-aba93459fbee

Message 5 of 24
paul.gunn

Hi,

I think you should just need to install the filter pack on the system. Once they are installed & available we will user them [i.e. no additional registration steps should be necessary]

Paul

Message 6 of 24
spascual

Hi Paul,

It does not works. After installing Microsoft iFilter package, I have installed Office 2007 too, but... nothing.

I can search content in Office 2003 files.

Any idea??????

Regards

Message 7 of 24
paul.gunn

Hi,

Have you tested with new files added after the ifilter was installed?

Pre-existing files will need to be reindexed to use the new ifilder.

Paul

Message 8 of 24
spascual

Hi Paul,

I have tried both, re-index, and to do a versión af an existing file. It does not works.

Must this work?????

Regards

Message 9 of 24
spascual

For your information

XLSX file properties are indexed, but not the content.

Regards

Message 10 of 24
paul.gunn

Hi,

The file properties are not reliant on the ifilters - just the full content indexing. The xlsx should work if the ifilters are present - I just tested it successfully here. Just keep in mind that there is some delay (up to 20 minutes) between adding a file and having its content indexed for consumption.

There is a good tool that can help verify that the ifilters are installed: http://www.citeknet.com/Products/IFilters/IFilterExplorer/tabid/62/Default.aspx

The tab of interest is 'indexing service 3.0' - you should see an entry for xslx if it was successfully installed.

Just to check: did you install the 32 bit versions of the ifilters? ADMS does not run in 64 bit mode.

Paul

Message 11 of 24
spascual

OK, it is already running.

It seems like if a re-indexed job do not allow to the content to be indexed.

Thank you

Message 12 of 24
paul.gunn

Hi,

I don't completely understand what you mean by this: 'it seems like if a re-indexed job do not allow to the content to be indexed'.

Could you clarify?

Thanks,

Paul

Message 13 of 24
spascual

Hi,

It means that I have reindexed after installing iFilters and file content has not been indexed.

I must have to do a new file version in order to be the file content indexed.

Regards

PS: I'm going to reindex now and to tell you something

Message 14 of 24
paul.gunn

Ok - I think understand now.If you are using 'rebuild search indexes', that is only intended to rebuild the indexes for properties.

To rebuild the full content index, you need to disable full content indexing on the vault [in adms console, get the full content indexing dialog for your vault, select disable and hit OK] and then reenable full content. That will have the effect of completely rebuilding the full content using your new ifilters.

Paul

Message 15 of 24
spascual

GREAT PAUL,

IT IS ALREADY RUNNING.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

BEST REGARDS

PS: I undestand that If my customer has a x64 bit system, I must to install x32 iFilter Pack.

Message 16 of 24
paul.gunn

You're welcome -

Glad to hear everything's working now.

Paul

Message 17 of 24
spascual

Hi sirs, i'm again in the same situation.

This is horrible. Now the database is 2008 Express R2, could this the cause?????

Please, help, I'm on an important customer.

Message 18 of 24
spascual

hi sirs is it possible that SQL must be installed the full text search for Office Open XML Format Ifilter????

regards

some help welcomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Man Sad

Message 19 of 24
paul.gunn

Hi,

SQL is not a factor in full content indexing. Full content is purely a function of what ifilters are installed on the machine. So I would first ensure that the ifilters are available for the file type. You can easily view installed ifilters with ifilter explorer:

http://www.citeknet.com/Products/IFilters/IFilterExplorer/tabid/62/Default.aspx . You are interested in 'indexing service 3.0' support - and make sure you filter by the 32 bit (x86) ifilters as the server runs as a 32 bit application in IIS.

Paul

Message 20 of 24
spascual

ok sir,

thanks, i'm thinking about ifilter is not well installed because i'm installing in remote mode (windows RDP).

It is rare that DOC files CONTENT is indexed well, but I will try to install Ifilters PACK for DOCX files IN SITU (real stay).

thanks, I will tell you because I'm in Spain.

Best regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report