Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center in Vault very slow

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Bruce-1008
885 Views, 2 Replies

Content Center in Vault very slow

I use content centre in Vault for security reasons but it is very slow.

When I access content centre for the first time in a session it take 55 seconds to load up. After this it take 7 seconds to open.

Also when placing parts from content centre into a pattern it also takes 7 to 10  seconds.

I am running with Windows 7 SP1 & professional Inventor 2013 and Basic Vault 2013

My workstation is 64 bit E5620 @ 2.40 Ghz (2 processors) 12.0 GB of RAM

The Server is running SBS2008

Windows Server Standard FE Service Pack 2

Processor is X3440 @2.53GHz, 4GB Ram and 64 bit operating system.

Vault itself runs reasonably well, could be faster but not to bad.

How do I speed up access to Content Centre???

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Bruce,

Can you try unloading some of the Content center libraries that you don't use from your project and see whether it helps.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 3

Dear Vinod, I have detached 7 libraries. I am now only using 5 libraries of which 1 is My Library. Accessing Autodesk Data Management Server Console 2013 on my Server was very slow and takes about 55 seconds. The same time as it takes to access Content Centre from Inventor. I have attached the logs, you might find a clue there. The speed of accessing the Content Centre from Inventor has improved dramatically. It is now about the same as accessing the Vault. I tried to send you the logs but the email would not transmit. I will send you the logs through the subscription centre there appears to be lots of errors recorded in the log. Kind Regards Bruce Chidlow Tube Mill Consulting Pty Ltd ABN 96 125 476 913 56 Gleneagles Road Mt Osmond SA 5064 tel +61 8 8379 6148 Mob +61 417 370 949 Skype +61 8 7200 0612 Fax +61 8 7070 8027 email: bruce_chidlow@hotmail.com Kusakabe Electric & Machinery Co.,Ltd 11-2,2-chome, Murotani Nishi-ku Kobe 651-2241 JAPAN www.kusakabe.comThe Rotary Sizing Mill - the latest innovation in sizing for TIG, Laser and ERW mills Patented in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, EU, Japan, Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia, USA etc. Information contained in and documents accompanying this email transmission are confidential and are intended for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me, return the transmission to me and delete it from your system. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report