Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collaboration and Civil 3D

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
LyleHardin
563 Views, 8 Replies

Collaboration and Civil 3D

We are evaluating Vault Collaboration through one of our resellers. Half our work is with Civil 3D. I'm not seeing Vault in the Prospector of Civil 3D. We installed the Civil 3D configuration file on the Vault Server but still no luck. One of our other resellers says we have to install Vault Collaboration AEC. Is this the case? If not, what do we need to do?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: LyleHardin

your supposed to have a vault tab in civil 3D

do you have that?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
LyleHardin
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes. I have the Vault tab in the Ribbon. There is no mention of Vault in the Prospector. Apparently there should be a Vault 'thing' instead of the Data Shortcuts 'thing'.

Message 4 of 9
DarrenP

i never heard of that

where did you hear that from?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
LyleHardin

By using Vault with Civil 3D, we should use Vault from the Prospector instead of using Data shortcuts.

Our Vault was installed from our Mechanical type resellers (Inventor, Vault, etc.) but they don't know much about AutoCAD and nothing about Civil 3D. Our Civil 3D reseller asked if I saw a Vault section in the Civil 3D prospector. I don't.

Message 6 of 9
DarrenP

i don't think i have ever seen that

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
LyleHardin

Okay.

I don't mean to turn this into a help desk support session, but do you use data shortcuts still or keep the links to surfaces, alignments and such in Vault? I'll eventually get with our Civil reseller to help me out, but I'm just curious to find out what other users do. We are, after all, only on our 2nd day of our Vault Test drive. Right now, I don't know if it's going to be worth the growing pains of switching to Vault. Using Sheet sets in Vault is another pain in the rear right now.

Message 8 of 9
LyleHardin

Another issue with Vault Collaboration and Civil 3D. All 2013.

My Civil 3D (installed from an Infrastructure Design Suite shows the Vault menu in the ribbon just fine.

My coworkers plain Civil 3D does not have the Vault menu, even after installing Vault Collaboration client. Is it a fluke? I would think it would be able to run Vault.

We have a call to our reseller, but haven't heard back yet.

Message 9 of 9
JamesMcMullen

On the plain Civil 3D machines, when you installed the Vault client... did you check the add-in option for Civil 3D?

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report