Vault General

Mentor
Winks87
Message 1 of 1 (140 Views)

Cleanup: Moving files, new folders in Vault

140 Views, 0 Replies
09-12-2012 04:54 AM

We have used Vault for about 2 years, file management was poor: no standard libraries, multiple project files created by various users, bad naming standards etc... Usage has languished (imagine why..).  Since I am now "the cad manager guy", I am trying to clean up this mess and move forward. 

Question: would it be better to organize files and folders directly in the vault & let Inventor sort it out  -OR- just leave it & create a new single project to a new "clean" locatation.  Basically, I figure I can copy/move what I want to re-use, the rest will be new.  Also, I have mapped iproperties correctly now, so the legacy data wont fill out parts lists correctly.  Has anyone attempted to update old files to new standards, or should I start new?   I hope someone understands what I am asking, just want to do this the right way (even if it's painful).  Thanks.

James Winkler

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014
Vault Professional 2014
Windows 7 Pro SP1
HP-Z400: 2.67 GHz 12 Gb Ram
Nvidia Quadro FX1800 driver 276.42

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community