Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change state on folder level

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Ezekiel12
327 Views, 3 Replies

Change state on folder level

Hello,

I find issue with lifecycles on folder level.

I want to change state of folder (whole 1 project) but i want from Vault to check if every file in that folder is released bfore he let me do this.

He do it right in the same folder, but if I have another folder in this folder then he don't check it too. 

For example in attached image:

I have folder "0 - vykresy" and if in this folder is file Work in Progress then i still can change the folder "01-dum adeon" to released. and this is wrong. It shouldn't let me.

It should be the same if the file is on "01-dum adeon" or in "01-dum adeon/0-vykresy/".

What i did wrong? In attached image is table with folder lifecycle settings.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mikel_martin
in reply to: Ezekiel12

We only ever check direct children to see if they are released or not. There are a lot of different reasons for this. 

But this case should be covered, in this example the folder containing the file is not released and could not be because the file is not released.

In your example what is the state of the folder that directly contains the file?

It look as though it has no lifecycle def assigned to it at all. Did it used to have one and was the folder in a released state at some point?

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
Ezekiel12
in reply to: mikel_martin

Ok, I'll translate the folder structure to english:

$/01-PROJECTS

$/01-PROJECTS/01-PROJECTNAME/

$/01-PROJECTS/01-PROJECTNAME/ISO DOCUMENTS

$/01-PROJECTS/01-PROJECTNAME/DRAWINGS

$/01-PROJECTS/01-PROJECTNAME/TECHNICAL

$/01-PROJECTS/01-PROJECTNAME/CALCULATIONS

$/01-PROJECTS/01-PROJECTNAME/SUB-PROJECTS

$/01-PROJECTS/02-PROJECTNAME/

$/01-PROJECTS/03-PROJECTNAME/

$/02-STANDARDS

Most of the CAD documents are in drawings, and the folder drawings could have more folders because we use a lot of different cad software.

We need the whole project to be "Work in Progress" OR "Released" (locked)

And if we have files with property "Work in Progress" in file drawings, or in another folder, then the change state on folder "Projectname" should't be done. But now vault let me.

Any ideas?

Message 4 of 4
mikel_martin
in reply to: Ezekiel12

An idea:

Create links to the drawings in the folder that you want to not be released until the drawings are released.

Then turn on the option to check linked files during the change state transition.

A couple variations on this idea.

• Create links to the drawings in the folder
  • Create a sub folder with a lifecycle def on it that will only contain links to the drawings
  • Create a link to the folder containing the drawings in the folder.

Hope this helps.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report