Vault General

Contributor
Criccardi
Message 1 of 3 (135 Views)

Change lifecycle when changing category

135 Views, 2 Replies
11-01-2011 04:16 AM

Hi!

I have programmatically changed the category of a file using the method DocumentServiceExtensions.UpdateFileCategories.

Is it possible to force a lificycle change for the new category so that the file is in the default state of the default lificycle assigned to the new category?

Thanks!

Employee
KooCheeKit
Message 2 of 3 (120 Views)

Re: Change lifecycle when changing category

11-02-2011 05:31 AM in reply to: Criccardi

Hi,

Please try posting your question to Autodesk Vault Customization if you have not. You may get better response from that group.

Chee-Kit
Autodesk, Inc.

Valued Contributor
jacoj
Message 3 of 3 (57 Views)

Re: Change lifecycle when changing category

02-05-2013 10:20 PM in reply to: Criccardi

good day,

did you managed to accomplish this?

I want to be able to set my vault to change categories from internal documentation to external documentation ,

so as I reached revision G ( released for production) , can I set up a rule in vault then to change the Category from internal docs to external docs automaticly, and then use revison scheme numerical then instead, and a differint lifecycle?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community