Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot check files in or out, or copy design.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Richard-K
911 Views, 6 Replies

Cannot check files in or out, or copy design.

Hi all,

A couple of days ago my vault software stopped letting me check anything in, out or copy designs. I want to know how to sort this out. The error I am receiving is simply

'A problem occurred while attempting to check-in 'blah blah blah' to 'blah blah'. Would you like to continue checking in any remaining files?

The server returned the following information: Unknown Server Error'

I am using Inventor 2014.

Looking for solutions I found one possible cause might be that the Microsoft SQL had a limit of 2 or 4Gb reserved for a data folder in the program files, however looking at this folder revealed it was nearly 8Gb in size. Plus talking to my technical support guys they seemed to think it wasn't this that was the problem. 

I was pointed towards the possibility a Microsoft update was the culprit, until I took a look at when the last one was installed and it was 4 months ago.

Any help on this would be amazing,

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: Richard-K

First, you should post this under the vault forum.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/bd-p/101

Next, is your master project still set under Tools>Options?

mp.JPG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
Richard-K
in reply to: Cadmanto

Ah ok sorry about that, 

Yes my project file is the correct one Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 7
Cadmanto

Can you see the vault from within Inventor?

What version of Vault are you using?  Pro, workgroup, callboration?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 7
Richard-K
in reply to: Cadmanto

I can place components from the vault from within Inventor, but I was getting this message while doing so;

PlacingFromVault_001.png

The version of Vault I am using is basic.

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
cwhetten

Can you post the vault server log file for the date and time when the error occurred?  The log file might give us more information about what exactly went wrong.

When it comes to size limits, there are two thing to look at.  Each vault consists of a file store (where the actual files are stored on the server), and a database (where metadata about each of the files and their relationships to each other are stored).  If I remember correctly, there is no limit to the size of the file store.  The limitation is in the size of the database, and the limit is determined by which version of SQL server you are running.

What is the size of your database, and which version of SQL server are you running?

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 7 of 7
Richard-K
in reply to: cwhetten

Thankyou for the replies, I have managed to figure out the solution - for anyone with the same issue:

It turned out the that the way our filestore was set up it needed the password for the windows domain account to connect to it.

The fix was to simply set the password to be the same as my Windows login.

Steps are:

-> Control Panel  -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Local Users & Groups -> Users -> Right click the user and set password. Set the password to match Windows login.

Thankyou again for the replies!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report